2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Yes, my father and I have fished with Lou at least 30 times over the last 20 years. I think he is an excellent guide, very professional and determined to put his clients on the fish. E-mail me if you would like any more information.

·
Registered
13 Posts
capt. Lou Austin is ok if you want to make a meat haul, using live bait in the ditch at three mile island. I would suggest Capt. Todd Casey At spifishing.com. It just depends how you want to fish.

·
Starboard List
1,882 Posts
I'd have to agree..

rooster said:
capt. Lou Austin is ok if you want to make a meat haul, using live bait in the ditch at three mile island. I would suggest Capt. Todd Casey At spifishing.com. It just depends how you want to fish.
Actually anyone you charter out of Hi-Way bait stand is going to be a meat haul. Most of the guides out of Jims Pier and a few other independents will put you on better quality fish but you'll have to work for them. Most of the guides i know site cast for reds and trout in skinny waters. It's up to you, If you wanna go and catch a bunch of fish, they are loading up on trout in the channel under poppers with shrimp (aka: ditch draggers). If not you'll be grinding all day lookin for that hoss in the flats.
--Hop

·
Registered
451 Posts
Lou Austin does not guide out of R&R hiway baitstand. He is on Family Court Marina or White Sands. He does like to anchor on the ditch & fish with bait. R&R has some good captains that can do whatever you like to do. Capt Gencho is great with bait, Capt Jaime & Capt Vere Wells are very good at sight fishing with arties. Capt Russell can usually put you on some great topwater fishing....Then there is Capt Thomas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts