2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Duck removal service
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing but flat ocean as far as you could see, no boats or anything else except weak rips until I got outside the canyon in about 200 fathoms. A very promising weedline appeared with plenty of flying fish from bumblebees to B-52's. The only problem was that it wasn't locked in yet. The edges were furry out 500 yards from the main line. Fish boils were evident near the core but there was not much willing to come out where we could pull clean. After about 2 hours of de-weeding workout, with one dolphin in the box, we pulled up to run to the "K" buoy for some mid-day light tackle fun with rainbow runners, almacos and whatever else was around while we waited (hoped) that the line would make up a little tighter. Unfortunately when we arrived at the buoy, the buoy was gone $#@%^$! So, we ran back out to work the drop again. The line was still a tantallizing frustration. Fished long and hard but only boat rid until we hit a nice tree stump courtesy of Mexico. Pulled enough dolphin and almacos of it to make the freezer happy and save the trip. Too bad I can't put a GPS beacon on this floating stuff since it will be in your backyard in a couple days. On the troll in we picked up some bonito for the next snapper trip. Beautiful day, disappointing result. Especially since the alphabet club snagged about a summer's worth of billfish last weekend. Next time.

·
Anything not prohibited is compulsory!
1,635 Posts
I can't believe the K buoy is gone. There goes our best live bait locale. Just got back from the Canyon today. Pulled a 34 lb wahoo off. Blackfin were thick at 180 ft depth.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts