2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody here used a traffic lawyer to get out of a speeding ticket? the ones where you pay a 100 bucks or so and they try to get the tickets dropped. whats the chances of on of these working? any experience in these?

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Daniel Corrigan is accross the street from the court house on Lubbock. No less then 10 times I have used him. $60.00 a ticket.

SD

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
What happened to taking responsibility for your actions????:)

·
WHO DAT!!
3,242 Posts
Bobby said:
What happened to taking responsibility for your actions????:)
Amendment 6 - Right to Speedy Trial, Confrontation of Witnesses. Ratified 12/15/1791.

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defense.

·
Registered
19,248 Posts
There is what is called "deferred" deferred adujacation (sp). You pay the court cost and a little fee for the ticket and its over. No lawyers. Most traffic courts offer it

·
Registered
449 Posts
hey bobby, these guys think they are primadonnas. some are like donna. they don't care about following any rules. then when someone breaks into their car they throw a fit. the guy breaking into their cars is no worse than them, he just chooses a different rule to not obey.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Not trying to stir the pot, but what case do you have in a speeding ticket violation? Radar guns don't lie. I'm not saying there is NEVER a reason to solicit a lawyer in a speeding ticket case, but if you are caught speeding, and there was no question about it what can a lawyer do for you? Do they just lessen the punishment? Just curious.

Sonny

·
WHO DAT!!
3,242 Posts
TIckets based on radar guns are not 100% accurate, as there are human factors involved. And like it or not, the police are not always right.

I've been pulled over for exceeding the speed limit when my cruise control was set at 65 mph. The ticket I received was for 75. You bet I'm going to fight the ticket.

Same thing for the seat belt violation I received when I got pulled over for not having a front license plate(actually it was mounted on the front bumper, but the front end bra I had for love bug season concealed it.)
I was pulled over on the side of the road, and removed my seatbelt to get my wallet out of my back pocket. When the officer walked up, I did not have the belt on.

Should I have to pay for a ticket I did not deserve?

When I get a ticket I know I deserve, I pay it. I fight tickets that I don't.

·
It wasn't me!
6,569 Posts
tufffish said:
hey bobby, these guys think they are primadonnas. some are like donna. they don't care about following any rules. then when someone breaks into their car they throw a fit. the guy breaking into their cars is no worse than them, he just chooses a different rule to not obey.
What or who are you talking about???

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Gitchesum...I agree with you mostly. I've had the same thing happen on the seatbelt thing in Houston. Fortunately, after a little conversation, I was able to convince the officer that I DID have my seatbelt on while operating the vehicle, I had just taken it off to reach for my glovebox. As for your 65/75 MPH issue, can't say anything about that. But EVERY TIME I have seen that officer turn around and cut his lights on, I knew I was speeding. Like I said, I'm sure there are SOMETIMES good reasons to solicit a lawyer, but it sounds like some people use them often. I was just curious what a lawyer can do for you. If I'm truly falsely accused of a crime by an officer, I'll fight it too. But over a simple speeding ticket? Suck it up if you knew you were doing wrong.

Sonny

·
WHO DAT!!
3,242 Posts
I've paid my share of tickets. Believe me, when I know I've been speeding, it "yes sir, no sir, thank you sir". Sometimes I get a ticket, sometimes I don't.

The seatbelt ticket was going ot happen no matter what. There were 4 officers, all shooting laser down the BW-8 service road. They were there to write tickets. I just happened to stand out because I had that black bra on the front of the truck.

The lawyer negotiated with the city attorney and had the ticket dismissed due to the circumstances. They also dismissed the license plate violation since I had removed the cover.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts