2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I'm a millionaire in a .02 opinion world
2,569 Posts
Last time my truck was running a red light and speeding, if I remember right you were had borrowed it. B&P

·
Hunting the Sith...
6,022 Posts
Can't ticket a car for a moving violation to the best of my knowledge.

·
COME AND TAKE IT
11,373 Posts
what a waste of tax money. Need to fix what we have already, like potholes. Not waste it on more **** we do not need.

I hate it when things such as this are used as a method to raise money for a city/state. This is bad, and will only get worst. The US will be a police state if not stopped.

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
any of you old timers around here remember the "radar" van that LaMarque parked on the side of the Gulf Freeway that did exactly what the article describes? I think it cost every politician in that city their job before they removed it. We really need to stand up against things like this. The red light camera on the freeway in League City routinely backs traffic up for over a mile because people won't turn right on it. We need to hold our elected officials responsible for things like this that make traffic worse than it was.

·
Old School 2cool
8,283 Posts
any of you old timers around here remember the "radar" van that LaMarque parked on the side of the Gulf Freeway that did exactly what the article describes? I think it cost every politician in that city their job before they removed it. We really need to stand up against things like this. The red light camera on the freeway in League City routinely backs traffic up for over a mile because people won't turn right on it. We need to hold our elected officials responsible for things like this that make traffic worse than it was.
LOL! I had completely forgotten about the van. You hit the nail on the head about voting these knuckleheads out of office. Hire more cops to serve the citizenry and forget the RLCs! I've got an idea for those who support red light cameras,...................................Next time your waiting on a cop because you REALLY need one (and fast), remember he was replaced by a camera so the city / county / state could make and or save a little money. Pitiful! H/U

·
Winter Hater
9,448 Posts
what a waste of tax money. Need to fix what we have already, like potholes. Not waste it on more **** we do not need.

I hate it when things such as this are used as a method to raise money for a city/state. This is bad, and will only get worst. The US will be a police state if not stopped.
no $ incoming from fixing potholes JR. it's all about money...

·
COME AND TAKE IT
11,373 Posts
no $ incoming from fixing potholes JR. it's all about money...
Very true,

one day maybe people will step up and make there voice herd. Citys/states/politicans need to fix what is broke. Not spend our tax money on new methods to get more money.

This country has done very good without these cameras. To many people worried about what everyone else is doing. There is a very large misconception that they can improve there life by forcing the hands of others. This will lead us stright into a police state where every aspect of our life is monitored or controled by the goverment.

·
Rolling Offset Flat Turn on 3... Break
8,036 Posts
UMMM

I think I am gong to start taking my .22 red light hunting at night, after they have to fix about a hundred or so a weekend they might get the message.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Vote the Aholes out of office, thats the best thing to do to them. Irks the fire outa me when people like that go after your money after you vote them in office for telling you how THEY GONNA HELP YOU AND YOUR COMMUNITY!!! PUKES! With this site and the community here there should be more than enough info. pass through here to be able to pin point who to vote for and who to vote out of office. Oh, T1TGA be careful what ya say! never know who is reading this stuff.

·
Hunting the Sith...
6,022 Posts
So what do you think red light cameras do? Not ticketing the driver, just the owner of the car.
Well if the Lawyer who taught my Intro to Law class was truthful he told us that those tickets are worthless as the paper they are printed on and only suckers pay them and even citied us a case to use if we ever had to go to court to defend one.

As for the red light cameras in LC, horrible decision to put one on the right turn headed west on 518 from 45, you have to abruptly stop so you don't get flashed which puts you and the people behind you in danger not to mention that it has ruined the flow of traffic.

·
Winter Hater
9,448 Posts
Vote the Aholes out of office, thats the best thing to do to them. Irks the fire outa me when people like that go after your money after you vote them in office for telling you how THEY GONNA HELP YOU AND YOUR COMMUNITY!!! PUKES! With this site and the community here there should be more than enough info. pass through here to be able to pin point who to vote for and who to vote out of office. Oh, T1TGA be careful what ya say! never know who is reading this stuff.
what's even worse in baytown, city council wouldn't recognize the petition cncman (2cooler) put together. it seems like they think they're kings and queens...untouchable. no wonder baytown is a bassackwards city with it's only claim to fame is humble oil. even the people that live there shop and dine out in houston or beaumont.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
They still have "vehicles" parked along the highways in Phoenix catching you speeding. I guess no one has fought it in court and they have and lost. Saw a couple of them when I was out in Phoenix on business before Christmas.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
As of right now speed cameras are specifically forbidden in Texas, but the lobbyists for the camera companies are spending big money to get that overturned like they to get the law in that authorized cameras. Speed isn't all, they are also pushing for seatbelt and expired registration and insurance fines by cameras. And the earlier poster was right, the cities with the most cameras are laying off cops, they don't need them anymore, the cameras bring in much more money and cost less to operate. Arizona just laid off 400 troopers and staff there. BTW, I am addressing the council this Thursday night, come out and show your support. We also have a new petition circulating to turn in soon, people are coming out of the woodwork to sign since the city blocked the first one. We are making every effort to do what they say we have to do to have a vote on the cameras.

·
Registered
513 Posts
O K, little help for those of us who don't know what to look for.

Here in Kingwood, some time ago (shortly after some type of camera was attached to a long pipe-like support was affixed to the cross-arm supporting the traffic lights) the local newspaper,The Observer, ran an article stating that these cameras were to assist in the flow of traffic, i.e., electronically control the timing sequence between red and green, depending upon traffic status.

Now I don't know if these described cameras were actually traffic assistants or traffic police. However, in the last few days I have noticed that the mounted cameras appear to be different...so, I too am wondering if Kingwood now has "mounted police" to generate $ for the City of Houston??

Anyone have a photograph of what these different cameras look like?

Thanks,

JLD

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
They are typically on their own poles with cameras on them set back from the intersection. THey usually have strobes and other equipment on them. THe sensors on the traffic light aren't red light cameras. What may be different on them now is the "tattle tale" lights, it shows an indicator for a red light for the opposite direction so a police officer can tell for certain that the light was red on the other side of the signal. These are great law enforcement tools to cathc red light runners.

O K, little help for those of us who don't know what to look for.

Here in Kingwood, some time ago (shortly after some type of camera was attached to a long pipe-like support was affixed to the cross-arm supporting the traffic lights) the local newspaper,The Observer, ran an article stating that these cameras were to assist in the flow of traffic, i.e., electronically control the timing sequence between red and green, depending upon traffic status.

Now I don't know if these described cameras were actually traffic assistants or traffic police. However, in the last few days I have noticed that the mounted cameras appear to be different...so, I too am wondering if Kingwood now has "mounted police" to generate $ for the City of Houston??

Anyone have a photograph of what these different cameras look like?

Thanks,

JLD

1 - 19 of 19 Posts