2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
These Cats Are Potlickers
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here used 'em and how did you like 'em??

What's the best kind?

DC

·
11,765 Posts
I use them. They are great when using topwaters. I have caught several huge redfish on the same one and it held its shape. I can't recall the brand. Norton I think. Pelican knows. He pointed me in that direction.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I too use them. I like them because I can switch lures quickly and they are tuff. You do have to keep an Eye on the ends because sometimes the splitring or the swivel gets between them. This usually happens after catching a fish. I think the name Is Norman Quick clips.

ToolMan

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
My wife uses the "spin clips" from Breakaway Tackle in Corpus Christi. They're made kinda like a paperclip but not nearly as big. They seem to work very well, no problems and they hold their shape after catching big reds.

·
Registered
24 Posts
speed clips are made by norman not norton, thier good but I recently lost a nice fish and the lure just came off? I took a p-line barrel swivel and put with it works good

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I use the speedclips and love them, just wish the ends were tapered so that it would move easier through the eye of a topwater.

·
A.K.A. Jacob's dad
2,449 Posts
Correct, they are made by Norman. Norton also is supposed to have one called a quick clip. #8 Spro swivel works good with them too. Hope to put them to the test this afternoon when I get to Rockport.
brokenclub said:
speed clips are made by norman not norton, thier good but I recently lost a nice fish and the lure just came off? I took a p-line barrel swivel and put with it works good

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
brokenclub, you can get Breakaway's phone number from their ad in GCC. I ordered the clips over the phone. I've gotten several batches that way with no problems. The clips come in several sizes, I just get the smallest called "spin clips".

·
Retired
1,590 Posts
If you use Norman Quick Clips and you throw Corky's make sure you put a split-ring on the lure. If you don't, most likely you are going to throw the lure off.

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Norton

Anyone heard anything of the swivel clips Norton was testing? I thought they'd be on the market by now. Capt. Chris?

Z

·
Registered
199 Posts
What is the benefit of the quick clips and speed clips over the standard swivel/clips?
BTW - I just got back from the academy on westheimer and hwy6...they didn't have any.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Been using them for a while haven't had any problems throwing off spoons as a matter of fact caught this baby with a spoon attached to one.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 40 Posts