2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where you can have spectra spooled directly on your reel for a certain price per yard? Or where you can buy a specific quantity of specta (i.e. not a spool of 300 or 1200yds)?

I am tired of either wasting by having to buy more than I need or settling with less than I want. I want 400yds of 65# for my new spinner.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Maybe they'll spool PowerPro or some other brand by the yard, but FTU would not spool JB by the yard. They told me I needed to buy the whole spool. I did, but from Basil and spooled it myself using the allthread/tennis ball method.

·
Vendor
1,584 Posts
DavidG said:
Maybe they'll spool PowerPro or some other brand by the yard, but FTU would not spool JB by the yard. They told me I needed to buy the whole spool. I did, but from Basil and spooled it myself using the allthread/tennis ball method.
Really? I had a TLD25 filled up there and I asked if that was hollow core and he said: "No do you want it?".

·
Academy Sports & Outdoors Manager
1,249 Posts
BPitcher said:
Really? I had a TLD25 filled up there and I asked if that was hollow core and he said: "No do you want it?".
Hey Brad PP makes a hollow core too, but I have no idea if FTU is spooling with it.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
David, what is the allthread/tennis ball method?

MikeW, Thanks. I have been out all week and just got your message. I already bought a 300 and 100 yd spool and will splice with the 100 on the spool first. Will likely take you up next time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts