2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my first sighting of specklebellies this afternoon in Huffman.They were in one of our plowed fallow fields that has about 6 inches of water in it. They were grubbing down with a bunch of blue wings. I cant wait till the opener.

·
More There than here..Gone fishin....
3,926 Posts
I havent seen any yet,,But Im sure Waitin on the opener..
Im all about ready for them..

·
US Army Aviation NSDQ!
3,720 Posts
I'm absolutly amazed at the altitudes that geese fly at. Awsome to see them way up there. I'm not a physics type person, do they get an advantage by flying that high or somthing? Other than being out of our gun range?

·
Banned
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They can fly up to about thirty thousand feet. They just get in the jet stream and soar. They are so high up sometimes that it may take them a half a day to get down due to the pressure changes. They have like a pressure guage in there head that lets them know its ok to drop down some more

·
Registered
226 Posts
there was actually a study conducted where a goose with a tailwind traveling south could travel 600-800 miles. so when someone says these birds weren't here yesterday, they could be right. dem geese is gunna DIE!

·
Registered
88 Posts
worked 8 of them in on the last day of the teal season. they were working great, The only thing I missed was the ending. Cant wait.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts