2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The Camo'd Texan
520 Posts
yep

:smile: go to lure for flounder, small enough to keep from missing short hits, always keep some in the tackle box, work good in the surf too when the trout have lock jaw.seems to work when nothin else will..

·
I'm a millionaire in a .02 opinion world
2,569 Posts
I am picking up my new generator later today and intend to try it later on Thursday nite. I like to start with 5 rods with as many different color combonations as I can. Then by elimination I can dial in on a specific color for that night/condition. We still use the heck out of 'em. B&P

·
DOINK
10,027 Posts
:smile: go to lure for flounder, small enough to keep from missing short hits, always keep some in the tackle box, work good in the surf too when the trout have lock jaw.seems to work when nothin else will..
X2... I like tipping them with strips of squid for flounder year round

·
Fulbright Custom rods
1,799 Posts
NOT I. Fin-S double speck rig'ed 1/16oz jighead is the only way to fly. Works good for flounder in the early spring to.

my .02

Clint

·
Dialed-In Adventures
465 Posts
I use 1/16 oz. crappie jig heads with crappie assassins in phantom and salt and pepper. It slays them under the lights. I also use the 2 1/2in. Tsunami's in green and clown. To The_Hook this is what a speck rig is.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Call me dumb - but i'm not sure what yall are talkin about?? Anyone got a pic?
The first great Speck Rigs came out like the rig shown above. Later, somebody added a plastic worm and walla!...The Worm Puzzler Speck Rig. I wish I had a dollar for every trout I caught on either of these during the early days of the Copano Bay Causeway. I once caught my limit of ten keepers at night in five straight casts on Ransom Island off Aransas Pass. Then I waited until after midnight and caught ten more. LOL. CF?

Attachments

·
A word to the wise is infuriating.
308 Posts
Thanks for the pics.....

......now you can REALLY call me dumb - cause I have a package tucked away in the tackle box, yet to use it. lol I guess I should pull it out!:headknock:headknock

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Picture This...

Would you mind sharing a picture.
I also want to make my own.
Thanks!!
Cut a length of 20 or 30 lb. monoleader that is as long as from one hand to the other with arms stretched out to the sides across your chest fully.

Tie one lead-head jig (size is your choice) on each end of this line.

Pick the line up so the jigs dangle on the ends of the line. Hold the line with your thumb and fore-finger of one hand. Pinch and hold it at the point where two-thirds of the line (the longer length) hangs one jig and the other jig hangs half way down the line of the first jig.

After your satisfied the rig will look like one jig will follow the other after you cast and start reeling, tie off the leader in a loop knot at the point where you have been holding it between your thumb and fore-finger. Tie it in a double knot running the loop through twice through the over-hand type knot.

You will tie the business end of the line from your reel through the loop ready for casting.

Most sporting goods stores that have a large assortment of tackle will have 1-1/2 to 2 inch plastic, brightly colored worm-like creatures to thread thru and onto each jig.

Hope this helps. Good luck. CF?

·
Registered
199 Posts
right there with ya comefrom when I was a kid we had a cottage at seagun right there by copano pier and i would con my parents into dropping me after supper and I would spend all night fishing under the lights. i used to slay those trout like clock work.

ramon

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
...when I was a kid we had a cottage at seagun right there by copano pier and i would con my parents into dropping me after supper and I would spend all night fishing under the lights. i used to slay those trout like clock work.

ramon
Not to steal any thunder from this thread, below is a picture of my Mom almost 50 years ago taken when we also used to stay at Seagun Sports Inn on the N. side of Copano Bay when I was but a child. :goldfish:

:thanksgiv CF?

Attachments

·
Registered
640 Posts
Copano Bay! ~ Ah the memoires of my youth! Anyway, I put a speck rig on, Carolina rigged for throwing under birds when the dinks are thick. Great fun and doesn't tear em' up as bad a many others lures. Two dinks at a time on a spinning rig is a blast!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts