2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Back in da Saddle
10,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Alex and I had the pleasure of fishing with one of the finest Texas Lady Anglers from the Houston/Matagorda area yesterday morning, she not only put us on the Trout but we a had a full mixxed bag to boot...

How Alex managed to catch half sack of Oysters is beyond me but he did ...lol... That's how we knew we were fishing reefs ...

The day started well before the chickens started crowing matter of fact I'm not sure they were in bed yet..lol... we meet at the Boat storage off 288/Hwy6 after putting my boat up we took off in hers .. made one quick ice stop and next thing you know I'm backing down the ramp at Eagle point staring directly at the headlights of another boater...lol.. (thanks for keeping them on high beam)..

A quick 10 min boat ride and we are anchored over a great semi Well known spot and Alex strikes first with 2 cast and 2 Specs in the cooler...First thought was he is going to school us today..

But age and wisdom prevailed..lol...as our Capt pulled several good silver/spots to the cooler...

After a few quick catch and releases of some not so sought after species we moved to another spot within sight of the Shrimping fleet to absolutly slam the Hard heads and Gafftops!!! All totaled we had a two man limit of throw backs, oh Well we were pumping them out as fast as the hooks could be cleaned!!!

From there we decided to slide over to a few humps where the current turned on us and no fishes were home. Getting low on Bait we finally made one last move we slid over a hump with a 3' depth change, on the back side of the hump the sounder lit up like a lone truck stop on a deserted highway we quitely eased forward about 40 yards.

I eased the anchor over the side like a true deckhand, this positioned our boat right at 30 yards from the crown of jewels and we managed several solid keepers from there all totaled we cleaned 8, the biggest 2 went 24" smallest went 15 1/8"

Not a bad day we left them biting with a nice mess of fish to clean and was able to spend a great morning in Mother Natures office.

Thanks Capt Reel Love next time we target Offshore species in my boat!.....

John

Attachments

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
i'm glad you had fun john. out of bait and off the water by nine oclock. LOL i went surf fishing after i dropped the boat off. good seeing you and alex again.
michelle

·
Back in da Saddle
10,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
reel love said:
i'm glad you had fun john. out of bait and off the water by nine oclock. LOL i went surf fishing after i dropped the boat off. good seeing you and alex again.
michelle
Well where is that report???

Thanks again....

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts