2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lordy, lordy...look whos back from the land of the damned. Thats right folks and you have missed out on more than a year of excellent fising reports but let the past be the past. Kenny, many apologies for stepping on your toes. You are not one to be triffled with.

How are you doing Beach City Boy! Missed you, son!

Check out my new rig... another nail in the coffin of the Southern Flounder, eh?
I hardly think so!
I have seen for the past 2 years more Flounder than ever, the species is strong but I will say that I have been on a working shrinp boat and the amount of juvenile flound brought up to the culling table is appaling along with the fry specks, reds and everything else you can think of.
I for one could do with out the shrimpers and deal with farm raised shrimp fed to the masses in restraunts...think for sec about how easy it would be to go out with cast net and catch your own bait without the boats scouring the bay-the shrimpboats, thats what is detrimental, not run off, not personal flounder rec boats, maybe even not the commercial giggers.

Nickles and dimes, memories and wine...and the way things used to be. I say get rid of the shrimp boats and have been saying this for 10+ years. Don't get upset with the rec gigger that knows what he is doing, thats like getting mad at every guide.

My new Flounder rig, thanks Rick at Krestas for a top notch product.

I am thinking of having it painted up in P-40 War Hawk colors of the volunter fighter group of the "Flying Tigers" in China and insignia with Pappy Boyntons' name on the console and his kills made up in flounder silouettes. The name of the boat??? I'm thinking, "Blood Bath".

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hello Bert,
Looks like you are going to be gigging in style for sure. I've stopped by Kresta's and looked at their flounder boats. They really do a nice job building them.
Glad you and the new boat survived the storm.
Wayne

1 - 3 of 3 Posts