2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
17,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I have some really pretty spalted hackaberry. Almost any size you want. I am cutting it up now. It has some really nice spalting in it. If you want any I will load up the truck with some of it and bring it to a central location. You name the location. Slip I know nothing is central to you so if you want some I will bring it to Beaumont when I come that way. This stuff should make some really nice hollow vessels. Some has gone to far and is soft but the most of it is still solid.

I will go take some pictures of it and post them.

·
El Viejo
23,413 Posts
LOL...I don'tacare neither...but shore would luv to lay my paws on some of the wood. Bobby , you've made a convert out of me with that hackberry. Think that makes some of the FINEST lookin' sticks I've turned..

Put the geezer on the list, por favor... :biggrin:...I'll swap you a HUGE cold glass of the best iced tea in the world for a chunk...

·
Registered
17,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got some that has been laying on the ground for over a year now that should make some really nice looking goblets. I will cut some of it up and put it in the truck for you Jim LOL

·
El Viejo
23,413 Posts
"I got some that has been laying on the ground for over a year now that should make some really nice looking goblets. I will cut some of it up and put it in the truck for you Jim LOL "

Easy there, Beachcomber... Karma can be a baitch...and us old folks ain't got NOTHIN' to lose....:rotfl:

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Hey Bobby, I would like to give some of that a try myself. If coming to Beaumont, that would work or I can make a haul your way also when I can make a small road trip. Either way works for me.

·
El Viejo
23,413 Posts
Before you make any 'roadie' plans manana, Bobby, you might oughta check the weather forecasts. Just seen one that called for possibly 3.5 foot higher than usual tides Friday...and possible closure of some roads on Bolivar....and, as I recall, there aint but one road on Boliver...Take care.

·
Registered
17,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LOL...I don'tacare neither...but shore would luv to lay my paws on some of the wood. Bobby , you've made a convert out of me with that hackberry. Think that makes some of the FINEST lookin' sticks I've turned..

Put the geezer on the list, por favor... :biggrin:...I'll swap you a HUGE cold glass of the best iced tea in the world for a chunk...
Jim watch this video. This guy makes it look so easy.

http://www.woodcraft.com/Family/2000681/Cherry/videos.aspx#videos

·
Registered
17,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Before you make any 'roadie' plans manana, Bobby, you might oughta check the weather forecasts. Just seen one that called for possibly 3.5 foot higher than usual tides Friday...and possible closure of some roads on Bolivar....and, as I recall, there aint but one road on Boliver...Take care.
Yea I saw that. It may be next week. Hey it could be Tuesday. I have a VA appointment Tuesday morning. I will just park the pickup under the house for tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts