2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my new SouthShore this weekend. After getting some time on the water to test things out on my own I am now sure I chose the right boat for me. The boat does more than what I expected and loves rough water. The fishing room and storage is pretty amazing. The boat is built like a tank. Probably the biggest worry I had when deciding whether to purchase this boat or not was how it would pull down the highway. The boat pulls a lot better than I ever thought it would.

Attachments

·
Registered
610 Posts
VERY nice boat................

·
The Duck of Death
2,247 Posts
Slick boat John. I was gonna call last week cause I knew it was getting about that time for the new rig.
I like that rod cluster in the back . thats pretty cool if the reels all stay dry.

nice looking boat.

Dave

·
Josh Finch
1,459 Posts
Very nice boat. How fast with the racing Merc? I was talking to someone today saying I bet that boat would run well with a 250XS Merc.

I've heard stories that that boat will run over 6" and get up in a 1.5 feet. I'm not sure I believe that but if it will, it is the boat to have.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Draft at rest is around 10-11". Running draft is less than that. Today I was able to get up in water that was under knee deep with no problem. I'm sure it could get up shallower, but I had no need to try. The speed with the Mercury is around 60mph on smooth water and 65mph in big chop. This boat absolutely eats up chop. I imagine with a different prop the boat could go a little faster, but speed is not the biggest thing on my mind right now.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Was it a soft or hard bottom when taking of in less than knee deep? If it was somewhat hard I agree thats the boat to have. I would realy like to know, that's very impressive. I might have to go order me one with a 300 if thats the case.

·
Borders, language, culture
6,338 Posts
Nice boat John. That's funny how slick as glass water actually slows a boat down. Interesting setup with the wheel to the left and the throttle in the center. Did you come up with that?

·
Josh Finch
1,459 Posts
very impressive!

I don't know how that boat can be that shallow, but you are not the first to say it is, so it must be true.

Sounds like the 250 Merc will outrun the 300 Yamaha. I have heard that is the case before but wasn't sure about that either.

Thanks for the info, nice ride!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Floor Compartments?

Very nice looking boat! What are the two floor compartments for? One is just in front of the forward ice chest and the other is just behind the seat in the back of the boat. Looks like it would be easy for water to enter these areas since they are located on the deck.

·
Member when we usta.......?
2,835 Posts
GoingCoastal said:
Slick boat John. I was gonna call last week cause I knew it was getting about that time for the new rig.
I like that rod cluster in the back . thats pretty cool if the reels all stay dry.

nice looking boat.

Dave
Congrats on the new rig! Mighty sweet. Like Dave, I think the rodholders are interesting. Have a source for this setup? I could use one just like it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I bought a rod holder identical to that last year at the Houston Boat show. Tops & Towers had a bunch made up and was selling them in his booth. I use it in to store rods in the garage.

I bet you could call and buy one from them.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, awesome. I ran a VDR two weeks ago and it still makes me smile:) They run so good in rough water it almost isn't fair. Again AWESOME rig.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts