2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any suggestions on decent places to stay down at South Padre for Labor Day weekend? The fiance' and I are trying to plan a last minute trip and wondered how crowded it would be for that holiday weekend down there? Looking for a condo complex or nice hotel beachfront or real close by. We have never been there but want to check it out before we have to leave Texas in February. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated. Hopefully I'll get to take some of my surf gear and try to hang a few fish while we are there.

Any idea on trip time from Northeast Houston to SPI? I am thinking 7.5 - 8 hrs but not sure. We will be leaving on a Thursday afternoon and staying until mid-day Monday. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
146 Posts
South Padre Island

Labor Day weekend is the last party weekend of the summer and SPI does not want to miss out party money. The wife and I have made several trips to SPI on Labor day weekend. We usually stay the week after Labor day weekend. During the labor day weekend its one big party, but come Tuesday after labor day the town just about got to sleep. Several of the local restaurants close for vacations and remodlings.

We stay at the Inverness of South Padre. But their is several great places to stay.

I can give some information if you want to call me.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Spi

It shouldn't take you more than 6.5 hours to get from H-town to SPI.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts