2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
"Converting Bait to Filets Since 1964"
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my boys frog giggin last night in our subdivision. Ever since they started shooting bows, they don't want to use the gig. They prefer aluminum arrows with a small game point. These boys are deadly accurate up to 20 yards. They nailed 4 big uns. Looks like a frog leg dinner tomorrow night.

If your kids like to hunt, spending the money on a bow is well worth it!

Attachments

·
Rattle snake AL
1,789 Posts
Frogs

I went frog giggin one time with my older brother. The ones with the red eyes were toads and the ones with green eyes were bull frogs when you shine a light on them. Great pics and thanks for bringing back some great memories.

·
"Converting Bait to Filets Since 1964"
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My 12 year old has a Browning Micro Midas. He's tricked it out over the last 2 years with every dime he's ever earned. My 9 year old has an Alpine. It's pretty good because you can adjust the draw weight from 29 lbs to 40 lbs.

·
We all have it coming......
8,788 Posts
poppi said:
Whats a good bow to get for a 8 year old??
My son has a Parker Buckshot and loves it. They are recommended for kids 8-18. Comes ready to shoot and will crank up to 40#'s (legal hunting weight). Then when he gets a bit bigger he can send it back with $50 and they will upgrade it to 50# limbs. That way he can keep shooting the same bow as long as possible.

Here's a link: Parker Buckshot

Good Luck!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts