2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All boats ride well when the water is flat, its the return trip that I prepare for and brother was I glad to not be in my old scooter this morning.
Return trip was into a northern front that came in a little early. 3-4 foot swells close together that would have prevented my trip home in a flat bottomed scooter.
I was REAL happy to be in the Haynie!!!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I hear you on that. I just bought a gulf coast and read some post about people saying that the are ruff rideing. I have been running Westbay Galveston in a 1860 alumacraft the last 5 years and when you see the cd player slide across the deck and get cracks in all 4 corners, that my friend is ruff rideing.

·
From Hope and Change 2 Dope and Strange
548 Posts
Wow, What a sells prop for Haynie. I really think that with the economy going south, gonna be hard to beat the cheaper scooter boats for owning and operating. Just gonna have to pick your days and weather to fish.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, What a sells prop for Haynie. I really think that with the economy going south, gonna be hard to beat the cheaper scooter boats for owning and operating. Just gonna have to pick your days and weather to fish.
Not one for Haynie as such, more for the design of the hull, V type. Lots of hulls fit this criteria.
I was even thinking how a cat hull such as a Simmons would perform skipping on top of the swells.
Next boat will have power steering to. Mine is manual and I had to hang on to the steering.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts