2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
>*)))><
956 Posts
If only it was that simple. You're forgetting that most people are infected and spreading the virus before they ever know they are sick.
You're all heart. Great Christian attitude there.
If you come on here and spew your vax and mask logic, without supporting it with one shred of factual data, you should expect that you are gonna get some pushback and things you don’t wanna hear from the rest of us. If you choose to wake up every day thinking “what can I do to not clog up the health system” then that is your choice and I can respect that, without questioning your faith or Christian values. When you start calling out someone’s else’s faith that you don’t agree with, that shows that your argument was weak from the beginning.

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you come on here and spew your vax and mask logic, without supporting it with one shred of factual data, you should expect that you are gonna get some pushback and things you don’t wanna hear from the rest of us. If you choose to wake up every day thinking “what can I do to not clog up the health system” then that is your choice and I can respect that, without questioning your faith or Christian values. When you start calling out someone’s else’s faith that you don’t agree with, that shows that your argument was weak from the beginning.
Spew. LOL

And you and I both know there is no amount of "factual data" beyond what's already been provided by the best scientists in the world, that would convince the anti-vaxx, anti-mask crowd.

And yes, it is right to call out others who call themselves Christians. It's exactly what Jesus did with the scribes and pharisees - point out their hypocrisy of saying one thing and doing another.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one my friend.

Tight lines!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not sure where you're getting your information from to come to that conclusion, but I can guess...

NIH, CDC, WHO. Dr. Fauci. That and other places is where I get my information. It's called research, you should try it some time.

Even if that were true, why wouldn't someone want to lessen the burden on our nation's medical staff and facilities?

I suggest you research this a little more. One of the biggest contributing factors for the strain on medical staff and facilities is the lack of staff for those facilities, meaning there are job openings but no one to fill those positions. You can see the area hosptial load for ICU on TMB's website. Not even close to crisis mode as is being portrayed in the media.

We have millions of people who say they are ready to run headfirst into war, or burning buildings or active shooters to "save the lives" of total strangers and yet they refuse to wear a mask or get a simple vaccine to do the same. It's completely defies all logic.
Once again, the shot is not a vaccine that will eliminate the virus or keep someone from contacting and/or passing it on unlike the MMR and polio which do.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Do you not understand the point of vaccines? They are not solely for the individual. They are to halt the spread of deadly disease among the community.

Do folks like you honestly think people who get vaccinated are only concerned about themselves? Seriously?
So whats the point of the flu shot, does it stop the spread of the flu?

Arent we passed the point of calling it a "vaccine", its a shot with perpetual boosters.

·
'81 Aggie
1,602 Posts
In 20 years, we're going to have Zombie Apocalypse movies where one group of citizens is called "Breeders", because they're the ones that refused the vaccine during their child bearing years. The vaxxed folks won't be allowed to have kids because the risk of birth defects is too high.

It may be a one in a thousand risk that the vaccines will cause birth defects, but imagine the devastation of an entire generation of learning impaired on the small chance they failed to predict long term effects on the unborn. Until they have long term results where women take the vax, conceive a child, take the pregnancy to term and confirm that there are no long term learning difficulties, I completely understand their reluctance to take an untested (long term), experimental shot.

I had mine, as soon as it was practical. Back in Feb-Mar. So I'm not anti-vax. But that was based on my risk factors, and the total lack of progeny in my future plans. I have no right to force someone in a different stage of their life to make the same decision. Especially with a non-zero chance it may affect their unborn kids.

Besides, if the vaccinations work, why are unvaxxed people a hazard to those of us who are vaxxed?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm 63 years old. I had the virus back in January but very mild symptoms. My doctor told me to wait 6 to 8 months before getting the "shot" . I did, I have received one shot and was told during the shot process to wait at least 1 month , 2-3 months maybe better, before receiving the second shot. I believe the shot will protect the one getting the shot from having severe symptoms when you get the virus, but it will not protect you from getting the virus. So the super spreaders could actually be the folks that have had the shot and have mild symptoms and may not know they are spreading the virus. I have heard of people that have been vaccinated, then get the virus and have severe symptoms and some have passed away from the virus after getting the shot months earlier. The shot may help reduce the impact on our hospitals. Herd immunity will reduce the impact on our medical fields. My reason for taking the shot was selfish, I don't want any severe symptoms.

This has become too political for me, and I blame BOTH governmental parties, and ALL governmental agencies and ALL news media for the mass confusion and lack of proper directions.

Please protect your self, live your life, vax or not, your choice. Think of others when you get the sniffles or sick.

brickbat

41 - 48 of 48 Posts