2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
All my friends say.....
7,422 Posts
And current laws in Austin will put a stop to the nonsense Harris County pulled. I would love for you to show those ballots to a legit news agency so it gets out there that they pulled that nonsense.
None the less, I have voted in Harris County for 42 years and have had to show either a voter registration card or a drivers license every time.

Take a read for yourself. That's CNN reporting it as true. Not only did they plan to, they did. They sent out thousands before they were stopped. My wife and I got 4 each.

Do you think they were checking IDs at these ballot drop off boxes. I think not.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I just received notice that I will have to show a vax notice or a negative covid test to get into a concert that I bought tickets for before covid started. This is in ft worth. I also have to show a vax record AND a negative test within a week for my back surgery on the 29th. Say what you want about silly memes, but these requirements are here and more are coming.
Sorry for your back troubles. Medical facilities were & are at the forefront of medical requirements related to testing and now vaccines. Wonder why???? What could they be thinking?

As to the concert, venues are facing the choice of artists cancelling shows or some of their patrons being PO'd. Guess we know which way the Ft Worth venue went on that. Mind me asking the artist? I had a show cancelled on me a few weeks ago in the Woodlands. Refund of the ticket price proves the artist took a hit for his choice, as did the venue (Cynthia Woods). We'll see how long they stick to their guns on their choice.

Stick to your guns, buddy. But neither of your examples was a restaurant and I have yet to hear of any restaurant other than the NY City policy that is city wide, no choice of the restaurant owner.

·
Premium Member
15,894 Posts
Sorry for your back troubles. Medical facilities were & are at the forefront of medical requirements related to testing and now vaccines. Wonder why???? What could they be thinking?

As to the concert, venues are facing the choice of artists cancelling shows or some of their patrons being PO'd. Guess we know which way the Ft Worth venue went on that. Mind me asking the artist? I had a show cancelled on me a few weeks ago in the Woodlands. Refund of the ticket price proves the artist took a hit for his choice, as did the venue (Cynthia Woods). We'll see how long they stick to their guns on their choice.

Stick to your guns, buddy. But neither of your examples was a restaurant and I have yet to hear of any restaurant other than the NY City policy that is city wide, no choice of the restaurant owner.
michael Buble is this particular artist. Rod steward has pushed his show out again to next year. These tickets were 250$ each two years ago. There were no terms and conditions when ticket were purchased that I agreed to that said that I would carry a card. I had the JJ vax back in March. I only took a screen shot of that card they gave me. Now that’s not good enough. They also won’t refund ticket money. 😡.I’ll show up with my picture of proof and if they don’t let me in you will probably see me on the news being tazed. Lol

·
Registered
602 Posts
It’s not about that, the meme refers to the politics being promulgated by the left to pass voter laws not requiring ID to vote, while also demanding papers of proof of vax.
why don't they just require a proof of vaccine to vote.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
michael Buble is this particular artist. Rod steward has pushed his show out again to next year. These tickets were 250$ each two years ago. There were no terms and conditions when ticket were purchased that I agreed to that said that I would carry a card. I had the JJ vax back in March. I only took a screen shot of that card they gave me. Now that’s not good enough. They also won’t refund ticket money. 😡.I’ll show up with my picture of proof and if they don’t let me in you will probably see me on the news being tazed. Lol
That sucks about the refund. That's crazy. Maybe a threat of lawsuit rather than a tazer ;) . I for one think the Cynthia Woods has a good policy - masks strongly encouraged for the unvaccinated; none for the vaccinated - and am miffed at Jason Isbell's choice to cancel.

·
Registered
117 Posts
What should I be concerned about if I don’t vax.

If you’re concerned, you can vax. If I’m not concerned than why should that affect you bc you are vaxxed, and vaxs work. So again what should I be concerned about.
Do you not understand the point of vaccines? They are not solely for the individual. They are to halt the spread of deadly disease among the community.

Do folks like you honestly think people who get vaccinated are only concerned about themselves? Seriously?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do you not understand the point of vaccines? They are not solely for the individual. They are to halt the spread of deadly disease among the community.

Do folks like you honestly think people who get vaccinated are only concerned about themselves? Seriously?
Correct, the point of a vaccine is to halt the spread of the disease among the community. One of the issues folks have with the Covid shot and the mandates is that the shot does not halt the spread of the disease as it does not prevent the vaccinated from contracting it, suffering the effects of it, and passing it on to others whether they are vaccinated or not. There is also the potential to encourage the virus to mutate to more contagious and deadlier versions due to the fact the shot does not eliminate the virus.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Correct, the point of a vaccine is to halt the spread of the disease among the community. One of the issues folks have with the Covid shot and the mandates is that the shot does not halt the spread of the disease as it does not prevent the vaccinated from contracting it, suffering the effects of it, and passing it on to others whether they are vaccinated or not. There is also the potential to encourage the virus to mutate to more contagious and deadlier versions due to the fact the shot does not eliminate the virus.
Not sure where you're getting your information from to come to that conclusion, but I can guess...

Even if that were true, why wouldn't someone want to lessen the burden on our nation's medical staff and facilities?

We have millions of people who say they are ready to run headfirst into war, or burning buildings or active shooters to "save the lives" of total strangers and yet they refuse to wear a mask or get a simple vaccine to do the same. It's completely defies all logic.

·
dontremember
3,265 Posts
that mask does nothing but provide a breeding ground for germs and that shot is not a vaccine.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Not sure where you're getting your information from to come to that conclusion, but I can guess...

Even if that were true, why wouldn't someone want to lessen the burden on our nation's medical staff and facilities?

We have millions of people who say they are ready to run headfirst into war, or burning buildings or active shooters to "save the lives" of total strangers and yet they refuse to wear a mask or get a simple vaccine to do the same. It's completely defies all logic.
My body my choice right? I guess that is only true when it meets your narrative or it is something you agree with?
Government should not be able to mandate my healthcare.
Seems we have alot of people on this forum that do not believe in freedom. This will be the downfall of our country. "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety " - Ben Franklin.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I had both shots. My son did also. He got the virus several months after being vaccinated. He came to visit and give it to me. Both of our cases were mild. However, we had to isolate, because we could pass it along to others. The CDC (COVID-19 Vaccination) has information on their site about this issue.
I realize that the vaccine is a hot topic for some. My wife, due to certain health issues cannot take the vaccines at this point. She is able, if she gets the Covid, to have the Regenron infusion.

Here is info on Regeneron. Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA Authorizes Monoclonal Antibodies for Treatment of COVID-19

There is also studies just released about Natural Immunity. The extent who has and who hasn't got the immunity is not available. Here is article "New Studies Find Evidence Of 'Superhuman' Immunity To COVID-19 In Some Individuals

This is a good forum of discussion. Each one of us has the right to discuss and to learn from each other our thoughts.

Worldwide stats to date, have covid cases of 219,000,000 with 4,550,000 deaths or 2%.. In the last 30 days the global rate shows 41.5 million infected and 660,000 deaths or 1.6% (COVID Data Tracker)

From other discussions I have had with Medical people, one of the main issues has been the surge in hospital admissions to ICU. The number of beds available was a major concern. The Department of Heath and Human Services released an extensive facutly level datasheet on hospital utilization and capacity. See info at....(https://covidtracking.com/data/hosp...57048722,38.39900805114061,3.5000000000000004)

Some of the people in my neighborhood, probably like others you might know, have mixed feelings about the vaccine. Some take it and want others to take it. Others, because of age ( young people) who has less danger, believe their bodies will produce the needed cure and have decided not to take the vaccine. Some are college students, some or not.
I know people, who have not been vaccinated and got the Covid ( ages about 50yrs old) and got over it, say they will not take the vaccine.

In any event, it is your choice, so far to either take it or not.

·
Registered
117 Posts
My body my choice right? I guess that is only true when it meets your narrative or it is something you agree with?
Government should not be able to mandate my healthcare.
Seems we have alot of people on this forum that do not believe in freedom. This will be the downfall of our country. "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety " - Ben Franklin.
The "gubment" is not trying to mandate your health care. It's trying to stop a pandemic. But you know that already and still don't care.

Your freedom to swing your fist stops at the tip of my nose. If you can't see the connection, then it will take more than some guy on a fishing forum to help you.

Still don't get all those who proudly volunteer for dangerous jobs in the name of patriotism but refuse to get the vaccine. You just can't square that kind of "reasoning."

·
>*)))><
956 Posts
stay home if you are sick……………..stay home if you are afraid of getting sick……..everyone else carry on……………problem solved

·
Registered
117 Posts
stay home if you are sick……………..stay home if you are afraid of getting sick……..everyone else carry on……………problem solved
If only it was that simple. You're forgetting that most people are infected and spreading the virus before they ever know they are sick.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts