2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried a new way to fix specks and we liked it so much that I thought I would share it.

Put speck fillets in a dish and spray with Pam (or whatever you like that won't clog your arteries). Chop up three or four raw japeleno peppers and scoop them over the fillets. Leave the peppers to soak into the fish for an hour or so.

Spray a non-stick skillet with Pam (or whatever...see above). When the skillet gets pretty hot, put the fillets and the peppers in and cook until the fish is tanned on both sides.

Really different. A little hot. But good with wild rice on the side.

(Next time, I'm going to try it the same way but breaded and deep fried.)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Don't bend over in the garden granny, you know them taters got eyes!
granny backlash said:
Tried a new way to fix specks and we liked it so much that I thought I would share it.

Put speck fillets in a dish and spray with Pam (or whatever you like that won't clog your arteries). Chop up three or four raw japeleno peppers and scoop them over the fillets. Leave the peppers to soak into the fish for an hour or so.

Spray a non-stick skillet with Pam (or whatever...see above). When the skillet gets pretty hot, put the fillets and the peppers in and cook until the fish is tanned on both sides.

Really different. A little hot. But good with wild rice on the side.

(Next time, I'm going to try it the same way but breaded and deep fried.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts