2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Gitchesum,

I was working at Lone Star Yacht Sales when you blew the boat. I had my back to yall about 150 yards away. The concussion picked me up and threw me to the ground face first. You guys were sure lucky that day.

It was the Chemical Facility across from LBC and Odjfell that just blew. I hope no serious injuries or loss of life occured.

rk

·
WHO DAT!!
3,242 Posts
Gitchesum,

I was working at Lone Star Yacht Sales when you blew the boat. I had my back to yall about 150 yards away. The concussion picked me up and threw me to the ground face first. You guys were sure lucky that day.

It was the Chemical Facility across from LBC and Odjfell that just blew. I hope no serious injuries or loss of life occured.

rk
No kiddin. I remember walking into Capt Wick salvage place and having him tell us he had seen boats explode like that, but never saw anyone live through one. Coming up to 20 years ago in Feb.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I was one of the first to reach you guys. Yall were dazed, confused and sindged. Split the keel straight up the boat it was on bottom in 30 seconds. Probably the only thing taht saved your bacon.
I was amased to find your VHF radio 4 boats over looking like someone gently laid it there. Pooched the roof over the boat and left a skylight. The Harbor Master was some kinda ******** once he found out yall were OK.

Oh! Wick Rouse is my cousin.

rk

·
WHO DAT!!
3,242 Posts
I was one of the first to reach you guys. Yall were dazed, confused and sindged. Split the keel straight up the boat it was on bottom in 30 seconds. Probably the only thing taht saved your bacon.
I was amased to find your VHF radio 4 boats over looking like someone gently laid it there. Pooched the roof over the boat and left a skylight. The Harbor Master was some kinda ******** once he found out yall were OK.

Oh! Wick Rouse is my cousin.

rk
Confused would be a good word. I ran past a guy with the fire extinguisher, to go get the fire extinguisher that he had in his hand. I remember it happened right after a big fire at another boat yard and they had just installed new extinguishers at every dock there.

I do miss that old boat.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts