2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
senor member
6,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I signed a contract last Feb with an 84 year old lady to fix her hurricane ravaged house. It has been an ordeal. Her grandchildren mooch off her something terrible. She has twin daughters, one of which has epilipsy and lives in a spare room, that fight constantly. It is a depressing, dysfunctional environment. My customer cries frequently.

Anyway, I just last week started the actual work. The first morning the one twin came out of her room with a black eye. I was nice to her, as always. After I left she asked my two workers "Are you guys all Christians?" They said yes and she said "I need to be a Christian."

I was overjoyed to find out that before it was over they had prayed with her and she accepted the Lord right then and there.

Ya'll pray that she will continue taking baby steps toward a better life.

I have this vision that she would lead the rest of the family to the Lord. Wouldn't that be the best. The black sheep, undesirable one becoming the conduit to the Lord.

·
Kayak Fisher
7,566 Posts
Praise the Lord! What a wonderful blessing! It's no accident you were there with your workers to deliver the "goods."

Yes, God loves to turn lives around, then use them to win others in their family to Jesus.

Your post has made my day! I love you in Jesus.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
That is neat! I love hearing storie like that. Sometimes, I forget about how the power of God changes people!

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
That's great!!!!

I can really relate to this. I've been a contractor for the last 18 years and it touches my heart to hear this story. I make it a priority to try not to get too involved with my customers but I know how difficult that can be. It's so hard to sit back and watch something like that unfold. You are one lucky man to have fellow Christians working for you! We begin each day with a prayer and I've had people look at us like we are crazy. God Bless you Active....keep up the good work!!

·
senor member
6,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A little update on our newest sister.

Today we talked about how God never changes, his love never wanes, how he will never forsake her, and we contrasted that against how people act. She said "that gives me chills."

I told her the story about when satan tempted Jesus, and he said "man can not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God." And how that meant that recieving spiritual food is vital to spititual health. She got it.

Finally, I recommended that she find a church that offered recovery groups. That she find a group of people like herself. Where she would not be able to say, "You just don't understand, you don't know how I feel." She is agreeable.

This will be a tough road for her. satan will try to keep her from victory. You guys pray for her. Her name is Denice. Denice is hungry for truth.

Praise the Lord!!!!

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Man, if there's anything that punches me in the stomach harder are stories like that. Good job. May the Lord look over and guide all of them. CF?

·
Kayak Fisher
7,566 Posts
Lord,

Wrap Denice in your arms of love and mercy. Lead her to a group of Bible believers who will help her study your Word and grow into the likeness of Jesus, as this is your will for all of your children. Father, help her overcome her past and her home life. Heal her spirit and let her walk in your magnificent light.

In the name of Jesus and by the power of his blood I pray. Amen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts