2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
We all have it coming......
8,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please don't turn this into a political discussion or we will have to delete the thread. I just thought this was an interesting, at least novel, idea concerning the bailout.

Enjoy......

I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.

Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a We Deserve It Dividend.

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bonafide U.S. Citizens 18+. Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up. So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billon that equals $425,000.00. My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a We Deserve It Dividend.

Of course, it would NOT be tax free. So let's assume a tax rate of 30%. Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes. That sends $25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam.

But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket. A husband and wife $595,000.00.

What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family?

Pay off your mortgage - housing crisis solved.

Repay college loans - what a great boost to new grads

Put away money for college - it'll be there

Save in a bank - create money to loan to entrepreneurs.

Buy a new car - create jobs

Invest in the market - capital drives growth

Pay for your parent's medical insurance - health care improves

Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean - or else

Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ including the folks who lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company that is cutting back. And of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.

If we're going to re-distribute wealth let's really do it...instead of trickling out a puny $1000.00 ("vote buy") economic incentive. If we're going to do an $85 billion bailout, let's bail out every adult U S Citizen 18+!

As for AIG - liquidate it.

Sell off its parts.

Let American General go back to being American General.

Sell off the real estate.

Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.

Here's my rationale. We deserve it and AIG doesn't.

Sure it's a crazy idea that can "never work."

But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party!

How do you spell Economic Boom?

I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion We Deserve It Dividend more than I do the geniuses at AIG or in Washington DC

And remember, The plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5 Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.

Ahhh...I feel so much better getting that off my chest.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Isn't the bailout in question $700,000,000,000.00? 700billion. now redo the math and it will come out to $425,000.00 per person before tax. Tax each 40%, which in return puts $21,000,000,000.00 back in the kitty. Each person would then net 260,000.00 and change. What would that do for the economy? 1. Housing and Auto industries would boom. Debt would decrease because some people would pay off loans and credit cards. Capital investments would increase because people would invest to make more. Then you would have the people who didn't do any of the above and blow it but by doing so they are in return helping the economy.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I vote for Palerider as my next congressman. Heck, I will even vote him in for President. His plan is better than any I have seen from the other two candidates.

·
8,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haute Pursuit said:
Thay guy needs Charles Helm's math skills bad! :rotfl:

http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=180825
That's hilarious!! Honestly I didn't read it that close, I'm trying to get loaded to go deer hunting. The idiot dsropped 6 zeros and divided by 200.

Oh well, I guess the dream is over, better get my bow in the truck.

Carry on!!

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,851 Posts
Fish-a-mon said:
Isn't the bailout in question $700,000,000,000.00? 700billion. now redo the math and it will come out to $425,000.00 per person before tax. Tax each 40%, which in return puts $21,000,000,000.00 back in the kitty. Each person would then net 260,000.00 and change. What would that do for the economy? 1. Housing and Auto industries would boom. Debt would decrease because some people would pay off loans and credit cards. Capital investments would increase because people would invest to make more. Then you would have the people who didn't do any of the above and blow it but by doing so they are in return helping the economy.
That bailout would net $3500/person. This email sent out was referring to the AIG corporate bailout.

·
8,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think they should just add them both together and send us each $3950.00. At least my deer lease would be paid for next year. :D LOL

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,851 Posts
TXPalerider said:
I think they should just add them both together and send us each $3950.00. At least my deer lease would be paid for next year. :D LOL
That works for me...LOL

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I am still voting for him. Heck our present government officials can't do math either but at least rider is our favor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts