2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to make trip and want to use soft plastic artificials but not sure of retrieve technique. I have some TTF root beer glitter w/chartruse tail and some Tsunami red/white and plum/char tails. How should I work my retrieve, a slow steady retrieve, a slow up/down retrieve or a slow retrieve and periodic jerk retrieve. Just looking for some help before I head out so I'm not wasting my time....comments/suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Use a light jig head, 1/8- 1/16. Retrieve slowly as to the only movement it has is when it bounces or hits the bottom or shell. If you're familiar to flounder fishing with arties that's it.

·
Catch a New Personal - Learn How!
12,640 Posts
Vary retrieve until you find what the fish want.

1. slow shake on bottom
2. hop slow across bottom
3. start fishing it faster to see if you get bit -hold it higher in the water column keeping the rod tip higher
4. occasionally work it right under the surface
5. add a cigar float (peg on style) occasionally to see if they want something suspended...

but really this time of year.... slow it down, the water is cold, most fish are gonna be holding on the bottom or if they aren't will want something slow until they get into a more aggressive feed.

·
Registered
262 Posts
my website www.shallowist.com should be up and runnning in about 2 weeks, and then shortly after will be a link to my first booklet about how to, specifically soft plastics. If you want information about fishing them, PM me anytime and I will help if I can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts