2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to buy a few more and have looked at most places and eneded up empty handed... any thoughts on where to buy them?.......JJ

Attachments

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this one you can bend into any arc you want...... basicly a thin piece of metal in the center with prisma tape on it and then it has a hard-soft plastic body.. real neet lure.............JJ

·
Registered
10,844 Posts
Looks like a tiny Bingo-spoon combo. Wish you hadn't posted it because I'm in a twelve step recovery program. You know, "high I'm kenny and I have a tackle buying problem".

·
Registered
10,844 Posts
Lures

Yeah, it's a problem. My fishing partner and I have made a pact NOT to buy anymore lures.
Heck it's summer and the dangerous time of year for me is late winter, so I can't start backsliding now!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
kenny said:
Yeah, it's a problem. My fishing partner and I have made a pact NOT to buy anymore lures.
Heck it's summer and the dangerous time of year for me is late winter, so I can't start backsliding now!
I know the feeling, I keep telling my self not to buy anymore lures but I can't stop. I must have 70 lbs of soft plastics but I still only throw about 3 or 4 different colors. But every time I see lures on sale I tell my self these will be good when I run into a bunch of schoolies or am working under birds when they will hit anything. Dang those bargin bins and dang those marketing people at the manufacturers. It's an addiction, he who dies with the most lures wins.

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
I must have 70 lbs of soft plastics but I still only throw about 3 or 4 different colors.
LOL, Me'z and You'z are like peas and carrots! My wife make's fun of me cause I have a garage full yet I go fishing with my tackle in my pocket. She just dont understand. Kinda like her shoes in her closet, Holy Bejeebies!

Z

·
Registered
10,844 Posts
Z,
Thanks, it's a miracle an epiphany but I've been cured. The shoe thing did it!

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well so far I haven't found one yet... hurry guys. I need some answers... LOL.... I better check Acadamy again or maybe go over to Sportsmans Finest. Oh heck, forget that, I'm goin to Bass Pro. Who wants to tag along????...................JJ

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Don't overdo it guys!

I know it's fun, but all those different lures just complicate matters. Be honest, how many different lures do you use? I use less than 10. I probably have 50 but many are duplicates or replacements. All the new stuff is for suckers! You don't want to be a sucker do you?

I know a guy who has a thousand dollars worth of lures (at least) and when he fishes he'll throw a topwater for about 10 minutes. Won't catch one and goes to live bait. Now that is a tackle manufacturer's dream!

Well, I am off to Academy!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I tried to find them about two months ago so I called Rocky at Roy's Bait and Tackle. He told me that A man somewhere in the valley made them but quit making them. So I ended up finding some online on a closeout. Since then I noticed about two weeks ago Rocky now stocks them. So call Roy's Bait and Tackle. They should help you.

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oh man!!! I looked at Roys last Thursday and didn't find it. I"M BLIND. HELP ME!!!! LOL.... well looks like I'm goin to Corpus now... LOL........... whats Roy's didgits??? .................JJ

·
Registered
26,147 Posts
Speckle-Catcher: Hi, my name is Shawn and I am a "tackle ho"

support group "Hi Shawn"

SC:"I've tried cut back on my tackle purchasing, but everytime I drive by Academy, my truck jsut seems to turn in there on it's own"

G: "Oh, that's happened to several of us"

SC: "just the other day, I found myself hiding my tackle purchases from my wife and kids. <sobs> I'M SO ASHAMED!"

G: "we're here for you. just take it one step at a time"

SC: "I try, but then I always end up fishing with live bait! <sobs again>

·
Registered
511 Posts
Lure buying issues

I was going through all my tackle and I must have had over a hundred topwaters and I filled up two 5 gallon buckets to the top with plastics. I have a lure buying sickness...

SW

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:eek: dang! y'all must have a $%!() load of molah! all I got is 7 utilty boxes filled and a about 15 bags of plastics. SPREAD THE WEALTH!!!

·
11,765 Posts
The way I rationalized it to the wife. There is no way on God's green earth that my tackle expenditures come close to her shoe buying capacity. She called my bluff and then we compared figures. Now she won't even bat an eye when I say "I'm going to Academy". Ain't life great.

·
Registered
26,147 Posts
JJ, it adds up real quick if you only buy 1 or 2 baits or bags of BA's at a time. Eventually you'll have more than you know what to do with. And if you're like me...you can't get off the live bait crutch.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts