2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Unruly Member
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post number 2,000 for me. Spend a lot of time on TTMB. Sure learned a lot. A lot about hunting, and a lot about fishing.

Sure do enjoy hunting and fishing. I am, however, just about done with hunting after last weeks 6 degree cold front. Three days of hunting without seeing a doe. Go figure. Can't wait for Memorial Day for the first trip to the beach. I live North of Dallas so we only get down 4 to 5 time a year.

What keeps you going in that short season after hunting and before shark fishing? For me it's pictures of the beach. I thought I'd post some of my fav's below.

The first is my beach rig. Got over 160K on it and it's still my daily driver. If you ever see this rig on the beach, make sure you stop and say hello.

The next pic is of my boy and I playing catch while the rods are rigged and ready to catch fish.

The final is a pic of a big black drum I caught. I love the look on my kids faces.

If you got the time, post what makes you tick until it's time to get the rods back in the water.

Attachments

·
# 314
524 Posts
Seeing pics like those is what keeps me going.
Thanks.
C'mon spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Still a write in candidate HOMER '16
2,584 Posts
Seeing pics like those is what keeps me going.
Thanks.
C'mon spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seeing Pics like that keep you going YEAR ROUND Krash. What are you waiting on spring for? More not catching......
:slimer::slimer::slimer::slimer::slimer::slimer::slimer::slimer::slimer::slimer:

·
COME AND TAKE IT
11,373 Posts
I hunt hard November and December each year, it is kinda my vacation from fishing:)

Then I change gears, start getting ready for my next year of fishing by going through my gear. I also make a game plan for my fishing year. This most often takes me weeks to decided where I am going to fish, how I am going to fish, and most imporant what I am going to fish for. I like having a general ideal of what my goals are.

I also spend a great deal of time during Jan and Feb offroading. Last few weekends I have been playing in Jasper. This saturday I am headed to Spring Creek.Next weekend I am spending the weekend at Shiloh Ridge. After I get done with the offroad parks will then hit the beach for some exploring and dolphin finding.

This is what my Jeep looks like in my drive right now. I will not bother to wash it for some time because it will stay in the mud for the next few weeks.

·
Banned
12,705 Posts
whats wrong with hitting the beach in the middle of winter? hitting PINS next weekend if weather permits...

pic from PINS, December 2007

Attachments

·
I see spots....
471 Posts
whats wrong with hitting the beach in the middle of winter? hitting PINS next weekend if weather permits...

pic from PINS, December 2007
Very true.... and if the Beach front is too rough to fish, I like to hit up Yarborough pass and do a little bay fishing from the yaks..

Kody

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
haven't figured it out yet. going out of my mind. all I think of is shark fishn. I too live north of dallas and seldom get to the beach ,not enuf at least. as far as going now well awfull chilly gettn in the water this time of year, not to say if there was a ride and time off work I'm in,but not planning trips now. need to find hog huntn spot.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Ducks in January. Hogs and predators in Febuary. Big Uglies in March. Turkey and Sand Bass in April. Trout and Bass in May and June. Rest and relax in July and Sharks in August. Reds in Sept-Oct. Deer Nov-Dec. My calender every year.

·
Registered
286 Posts
summer keep my big pole in use by going after big aligator gar. almost as much fun as shark but not the same fight cause you can't let them run. too much stuff in river.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Past times till salt time

Late Thanksgiving till about mid-March I stay real busy (so as not to think tooooo much about the warm saltwaters I love).

Honey-do's are a part of the picture, but mostly I nurse my creative side designing and building things, models, etc. I'll paste a few from the past couple months, including my growing wooden boat model collections including a cheap Dutch ship I've yet to rig the sails to...

-LR-

Attachments

·
Unruly Member
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
summer keep my big pole in use by going after big aligator gar. almost as much fun as shark but not the same fight cause you can't let them run. too much stuff in river.
Newsharker,

I live in Denton. You Gar fish on Lake Lewisville? Had any luck?

·
Registered
286 Posts
no I go to greenbelt between ray roberts and lewisville. also trinity river. massive amounts of debris in rivers here...you can't let em out of your sight. in lake lewisville have seen big ones and caught small ones. they role on the top in hot months. for me works best with big bobber.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Why stop fishing? I Just keep on keeping on.

Opps. I guess that last one was technically after the sharks show back up. At least the Sandbar sharks in early spring.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts