2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's what I did! Summer den activities are a blast.

Visiting the VFW in Conroe with the guys. Each of them had a chance to tell the other boys about people in their families who had served. We had every branch covered including Coast Guard. The boys were very proud of their grandfathers and uncles.

Next we ventured over to the water park there. It is a terrific facility and the price is outstanding. If you haven't made it there before, I highly recommend it. Here we are right before heading home.

Thanks for letting me share these with ya. Of all of the things I do, scouting is certainly the most fulfilling after caring for my immediate family. We make memories on days like today!

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Good work Jan! And it's THANK YOU for sharing with us. Looks like a happy crowd ya got there. There's gotta be a special place in heaven for you.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Awesome! Looks like yall had a great time! I know the boys appreciate all you do with them. I am a little embarrassed, but I took a Looooooooooong nap today, then I went and picked up the older girls from SMAK( Summer Musical Activities for kids). Since today is Meagan's birthday, I played her favorite game with her, Monopoly!
Melanie

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
but I took a Looooooooooong nap today
lol, so yall know what I was doing!

Looks like a great day Jan. I bet them boys enjoyed that a lot. Glad to see ya getting out and having some fun. Gave all the 2cool boys a chance to catch thier breath. lol:rotfl:

Z

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
So what did you do today? Work, Work, Work ... gotta pay those taxes. ;)

Outstanding, Jan. Bless ya for what you do for those boys!

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Best deal in town. One thing to note is that you cannot bring food and drinks into the park. No big deal though because you can go in and out. The boys were having such a great time, we extended it by an hour. They open at 11. We hit the VFW and the outdoor exhibits at the museum also. It was a great day.
troyd said:
I'm actually planning to take my daughter to that waterpark on Friday...

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
WTG Jan. Your work with Scouts is one of the things that make you special. One of the boys my granddaughter knows was over here the other day mooching some plants for a garden he is building at a church as one of his Eagle projects. He is a really class young man who is working with Kay Hutchinson to get an appoinmtment to the Air Force Academy when he graduates next year. It got me to thinking that I don't ever remember knowing anyone who earned the Eagle badge who wasn't successful in life and a class person. Scouts is one of the few organizations left that still stands on old fashioned morals and principles and hasn't sold its soul to political correctness.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts