2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would love to take the kids out to chase the bigguns , but the weed ran us out the last two times and I think they are getting discouraged. I just want to make sure the next trip is somewhat productive. I'd love to hear a current report. I'm not scared of the rain as much as I am the seaweed.LOL. TIA.

·
COME AND TAKE IT
11,391 Posts
Fished again wednesday evening. Only got to small reds 30-32". The weed was very bad. The surf had some current to it and that was all it took. Most of the weed is dead and on the bottom. I could fish if the bait was pass the second gut. Not near as much weed past the breakers. This weekend wind looks to be 5-10 ssw so it should be fishable. Lots of fish in the surf right now. I plan on fishing both saturday and sunday. The longer the rod the easier it is to fish with right now. The extra height gets the lines above the breaking waves and out of the weed.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Any new updates on weed at High Island?

I am thinking about heading out to fish Bolivar Pocket at first light tomorrow and then head over to HI to throw out some big baits. Any idea if the weed has been bad or not? Also, weatherman says wind shoudl be out of the Southeast. Is that good or bad?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Southeast is the best wind direction. However, the NOAA forcast for Saturday says south wind which is not as good. A south wind is fine for the Bolivar Pocket since it is protected by the North Jetty. If there is seaweed, a south wind pushes the weed parallel to the beach more than a southeast wind. I would also like to hear a seaweed report so I can decide whether to hit the surf this weekend or not.

·
Registered
838 Posts
high island weed report

well i got to high island around noon today and fished till about 8:30...only could manage to yak 1 bait seeing it took maybe 20 min to come to the beach...south wind strong current to the east and 2 to 3 foot waves....and so much weed a rabbit could live forever (if they ate it.......)and all i caught was a sunburn......not even any test bites.....will hopefully try next tuesday or wednesday

1 - 7 of 7 Posts