2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i posted today that i was going to fish the jettie and that the surf looked pretty trouty, well, i was correct in saying so. that water is clear green perfect for trout and also snook. i fished tonight for about 2 hours, i picked up two trout on a red headed super spook. fishing near the rocks. Bait everywhere, and stuff getting eaten everywhere . lots of smaks coming out of the water as well for bait. ON my in for the night, i saw these mexican guys castnetting like crazy, i could not figure out what they were so excited about. They were only about 50 yard from the beach on the jettie cast netting, now i figure they were catching bait...no they are catching small under size trout and 17 to 19 inch snook on the surfside jettie. I know, your thinking why i am telling you and the whole world where a ton of snook are ......well, this is the one time i hope every single 2cooler can come to the surfside jettie this weekend and fish for snook. and get all the people out here that are breaking the law . I walked up to the guy who had 2 undersize snook in his bucket and i explained to him that he is to let them go.....they are to small.he said, "i am hungry, and i dont see anybody who cares" , well , wrong move buddy. So I called TP&W Game Warden Joe , out of teh freeport office, (by the way i work in the same building as these guys ) and about an hour later, he caught , them , literally red handed with a snook in there cast net. .... He made go to his truck they had 2 small specks. 1 under size drum. , 6 or 7 sponge crabs. and 5 , yes , 5 under size snook in there bucket. Then these guys pulled the , "we no speakey english" card, so Joe says, ok, how about Jail.......all the sudden now we speak english , and now we have id's as well. I live here on surfside beach, and i am real tired of walking the jettie every friday, sat, night and seeing these guy keep under size trout , too many bull reds, under size smacks, so i am telling all of you out there, if you ever see this happen on surfside jettie and you dont want to call game warden just call me and i will be more than happy to call for you and make a scene at the jettie. I want all our kids to be able to catch snook on the surfside jettie one day. and i hope if we keep these guys from breaking the law it will happpen. If you wnat to see the snook that were conficated i have pics, however i must have permission from Mont. to post them , measured the fish with the game warden and we took pics as well.....i think they are 16 to 19 inches and fat belly snook, i hope everyone comes to surfside jettie and pushes these cast net fisherman off the jettie, they are catching the snook in close and i hope to see everyone there this weekend.

·
Banned
325 Posts
hey surfside person, hats off to ya partner. I wish I ws there to see it myself no only to root for ya but also, since I am of hispanic nationality, that they are in the wrong and speaking no english is a pathetic excuse for catching illegal size. I tell you what, I personally will not tolerate this type of nonsense from a fellow latino abusing the laws of fishing or any U.S. laws period.

I totally support your good doing to society and I applaud your good deed. But that goes for ANYONE who breaks the law too!!!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
i totally agree with u man...ill appericate helping also..and just in case whats ur phone # pm me..so if i see those things happening..ill call u or the office...alright??
Ryan

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
also surfsideperson..can u give me a latest report tomorrow and hows the water cause i might go out on sunday early..try on the jetty?? i would really appericate it..thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
453 Posts
Integrity is what sportfishing is about this must be practiced daily even in our daily lives. Rom. 13 Have respect for the law and authority that God has given to man. CHOICE!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Good job!!!!!!This ain't Mexico. Thanks for caring and calling. I have TPW stored on my cell. We are the guardians of our resources.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That really made my blood boil...thanks for taking care of those ^#&^$#*s.

I lived in Florida for a couple of years when I was a kid, and I lived for Snook...here's a pic of my 1st Snook in 1966. It would be great to have a bunch of Snook in our neighborhood.

·
Borders, language, culture
6,344 Posts
Good job Justin. Lots of folks would have turned their head the other way.

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
You are a real stand up kind of guy. We have an awesome fishery on the Gulf Coast and its because of guys like yourself that understand the program. As the owner of AAMCO Transmissions of Clear Lake stop by for a free transmission flush. And thanks or a job well done.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Good work by Justin. Im glad to see folks taking a stand against this sort of stuff. FYI what is the game warden's name and # so I can program it into my phone? Also- let me know if you are fishing the surf Sunday evening. My friends have the place this weekend but I am thinking about coming down tomorrow afternoon. Will be in the surf off of beach drive between the bulkhead and the jetty. Rob

1 - 20 of 48 Posts