2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading down to Corpus to replenish my tackle stocks at Roys tomorrow. Planning for a trip to PINS in a couple weeks. Coming from San Antonio, I cannot resist the urge to jet over the bridge and hit the beach for a few hours before heading home. Anybody heard anything about the fishing lately. Wondered if the high pressure might cut down on the bite.?
Any info helps. Thanks

·
Gulf Coast *******
216 Posts
Hey Tmack,

I have never had much issues with pressure playing a role in not catching any fish. Mostly, the issues we run across are no tidal movements. I have talked with others about the pressure affecting the bite and they mention that the high pressure locks there jaws shut but I haven't noticed anything about that. I really think it has to do more about the tidal movement, moon phase and clarity of the water, and wind. If all of these are in sync then the pressure really shouldn't matter.

We should be about to run full swing into the mullet migration very soon. Dusky anchovies and rain minnows are already cruising the surf and the tarpon have shown up down on PINS. Mullet should be moving through the Mansfield channel, Port A channel in big masses very soon. I bet the next cold front that comes across the coast will be money and we should start seeing alot of action.

Three days after the cold fronts hit is prime time on the beach. The bull reds will move in real close due to the higher tides.

Watch the weather really closely. Those fronts mean everything.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Skipjack,

Thanks. That is some solid info. We did in fact catch a few keeper reds. 2 on Sat and two on Sun. No takers on the shark rods. All reds caught on whole live mullet 6-8 inches long. The mullet are starting to move but were sporadic. Sun the wind had changed and was coming out of the NE right down the beach. Billy Sandifer stopped by and mentioned that the NE wind was not a good friend, so that supports your facts. Learning more and more as time goes on. I am interested in the tidal movements. Seems a lot of sharkers talk about a better bite on a falling tide. I know that helps in the bays sometimes. Seems I remember someone posting about moon phases recently. Which moons are best?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts