2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
All work n no play
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going on a little trip in a couple of weeks. Can anyone suggest a guide to take me fishing for Snook in the Tampa/ St. Pete area. Prefer artificails (tops) and someone who is serious, not a pick you up cast the net--- and soak some meat type of guide, but a guide that will tell me "hey we need to go at night" if thats what it will take. I looked on the net and it looks like it is the right time of the year to get western with a big snook. Help me out folks.
Also-- Can you catch them from the beach?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Matt,
Try Jason Stock out of St. Pete, I was down there last year and ran into this guy, he is just a kid (early twenties) but is a full time guide, very energetic, and will put you on some fish! He is mainly a kayak guide but knows his $h!t and can hook you up with whatever you need. You can get his contact info at:
http://www.canoecountryfl.com/snooky.html

His guide service is called JMSnooky Charters, tell him Tony (from Texas) said hello.

Shot with Picture Maker G3 at 2007-08-01

Shot at 2007-08-01

·
All work n no play
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

I will call these guys -- wife wants to go as well. So I will talk to them about this. thanks for the help-- If we get anything I will post some pics.--
Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts