2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Live Like No One Else.
5,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What color seem to work best?

I have used 5oz white and then a pink/green in blue work w/o and luck. BUt nothing was working that day so I have not thrown them in the trash yet.

But I was thinking about picking up a few more so I was wondering if I should get a different color and size. I got 5oz cause I figured the larger ones would be less likely to caught undersize fish.

·
Senior Member, do I get a discount?
1,920 Posts
What do you mean nothing? we caught that shark on one. but they are a little light weight, we tore up two on Friday.

·
Live Like No One Else.
5,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am talked about this last Sunday. And we did caught a few small snapper this last weekend but nothing special.

If I remember correctly yall caught a few fish in the slapper two weeks ago.

I am going to continue to try them I am just wanting a good trip before long. I haven't been hold a rod lately that had a scream reel. But Friday is going to be better.

·
Registered
974 Posts
michaelbaranowski said:
What color seem to work best?

I have used 5oz white and then a pink/green in blue work w/o and luck. BUt nothing was working that day so I have not thrown them in the trash yet.

But I was thinking about picking up a few more so I was wondering if I should get a different color and size. I got 5oz cause I figured the larger ones would be less likely to caught undersize fish.
http://www.2coolfishing.net/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=3081

I caught all of these fish on a 3 oz Pink / Chartruse snapper slapper that was sardine tipped. They do work and the Pink / Chartruse is my favorite color. I also like white.

Good luck.

Lumberjack93

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Snapper Slappers..

5 oz. Black and Purple tipped with pork skins.. If there is any good fish in the area they will be attracted to it because of the slick it will form underwater. You will not have to worry about triggers and undersized for the most part, however the slick will attract porpoise and hammerheads. I hope I didn't **** too many people off with this reply.

·
Live Like No One Else.
5,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Last Sunday I dropped it to the bottom and then jigged up and reeled up slowly and also casted it and then let it drift down. And none of that seemed to work.

Since I am running to BPS after work so I figured I would pick up a few more different colors. And maybe even a few 3oz.

·
Registered
956 Posts
michaelbaranowski said:
Last Sunday I dropped it to the bottom and then jigged up and reeled up slowly and also casted it and then let it drift down. And none of that seemed to work.

Since I am running to BPS after work so I figured I would pick up a few more different colors. And maybe even a few 3oz.
Same with me. Tipped them with cigar minnows and also a ribon fish tail. Maybe there was not many fish in the area. I am interested in what others do, since I have never used SSs much and I am yet to catch something on them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Work them but keep it slow and easy. Swim that jig, speed up occasionally to make it act like it's fleeing. I like the lighter models for suspended fish. I've got them up to 8 oz for fishing deep. Most of the time, I'm fishing either a 1 oz or a 3 oz.

·
El jefe
2,608 Posts
snap slap

i like white in 5oz tiped with fresh "noth mushey bait " cast out in all directions till you find fish reel in slow just to keep slack out

·
Live Like No One Else.
5,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Last night I think I picked up every color they have in the 5oz size. So if color the what makes the difference I should be able to find out tom.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Just My 2 Cents

When into the baby Snaps, I will put on the 1 or 3 oz, depending on current and flip it out with a whole frozen sardine to slowly drop thru the depth and hopefully get nailed by the suspended bigger Snapper. It worked for a triple limit in April, but slow lately.
Bernard

·
Registered
642 Posts
This might sound like a dumb question but on the package there is an absolutely frightening warning about the lure containing lead which causes cancer and that you should wash your hands after use. Is that just a worst case scenerio or could that be any cause for concern?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
yes this is a very serious problem. you should discontinue using anything fishing lures or weights with lead in them. you need to drop them off at the national lead storage facility aka my storage shed in freeport on hwy 332. i will properly dispose of them for you. be sure to not handle them with out gloves. i also accept shot gun shells and bullets made with lead......rick

p.s. i also accept unopened packs and cartons of cigarettes but only the ones with the surgeons generals warning.....thanks rick

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
If Antlers, OK is too far of a drive for you, another proper disposal site is my tackle box at my apartment here in Kingwood. Please feel free to stop by anytime and I will be sure to take all your lead containing lures off your hands! :)

·
Registered
642 Posts
lol National lead storage facility! yea I thought it might be an overeaction and I did notice that it says it can cause cancer only in California. So I guess I'm ok as long as I stay here.

·
Registered
24 Posts
went out 7-15 used them all day [5 oz & 7 oz] caught a lot of snapper and 2 aj but none on the s.s. that was my first time but so far Im not impressed but I will give it a couple of more trys befor I give it up I will keep youall posted. Plugger

1 - 20 of 25 Posts