2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey less than a month snapper season opens. Matter of fact it's 27 days. Of course it will probably be too windy to go out in the gulf. June is a windy month. They should open it July 1st instead of june 1st. That makes alot more sense.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
So they can close it prematurely and say we dont got any left
Sure makes it tough to plan any days off in August, for-hire closes 8-19 I’m hoping we get as many days as they do but I think they got a re-opened season either last year or year before while we didn’t so who knows. Texas really got screwed when they settled for 6.25 percent with the size of our coastline.

·
Trust me, I'm a professional.
1,405 Posts
Sure makes it tough to plan any days off in August, for-hire closes 8-19 I’m hoping we get as many days as they do but I think they got a re-opened season either last year or year before while we didn’t so who knows. Texas really got screwed when they settled for 6.25 percent with the size of our coastline.
The Texas catch quota vs population is like trying to bail an Olympic swimming pool with a cup in a torrential downpour.

The reason Texas has a tiny quota is either the lack of tourist traps on the coast or to keep a state waters season year round (didn’t work last year) or maybe both. Either way, it’s stupid.We caught red snapper on some rocks we usually catch grouper on in 700ftvof water. It’s ridiculous.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts