2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Reel Gambler
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is what has happened in the last few months.

Tracker Marine sent one of their representatives down to survey (un-certified I might add) all the problem my boat has...

They don't reply in the timely manner they said they would....

I send a letter discribing the actions I would accept....

They reply by saying...basicly "the boat is seaworthy"

I have a certified marine surveyor suvey the boat....

His survey states the boat is "unsafe" and "unsound" and his recommendation he said the the boat could not be used for it's intended purpose...

I have a repair shop do an estimate on the boat...$21,000 to repair the transom and open her up to see why the deck is so loose.....

I submit all this to my extended warranty (another company owned by Tracker Marine) because Tracker Marine Warranty just recently told me the warranty everyone said (including them) I had was not transferable to me on boat manufacturered in 1999 as I am the second owner. They are now, but not then.

Premeir Protection (Tracker Marine Group) replied to me stating that they spoke with Tracker Marine Warranty and they say there is nothing wrong with my boat. So I ask Premeir about the cracked tramsom...their reply was that the only thing covered in my extended policy was the hull....they can't tell me how they define a "hull" but he said they didn't think a transom was part of a hull......

Hows that for a major manufacturer of boats to treat a customer!

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Take it off shore, let it sink when the motors fall off(make sure to have a nice dingy with a 5hp motor ready to go and an Epirb thingy. Take the letters tracker wrote you, sue the S out of them and let insurance cover the boat that has "nothing" wrong with it.

·
Iusedtofish
2,893 Posts
Capt C,
Tracker marine is nuts. I find it hard to believe that they cant determine what "hull" means. Sounds like the ole run around to me. I feel for you man!!! That whole thing is a load of BS.

·
Registered
746 Posts
BS the transon is absolutely part of the hull. Just show me the mold that it came out of with just a Vee and no transom................SO STUPID! Tell them the transom is the little thingy between the 2 sides that attaches the sides to the bottom....We can make it sound more technical if you want.

How about the in place sandwich constructed vertical endcap attaching the 2 lateral sides and providing a high modulus FRP supporting structure for engine mounting and water retaining dam so the freaking water don't come in the boat and it will retain a positive buoyancy.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Snapper meeting

Have you thought about putting up your own "Beware of Tracker Boats" web site?
Might discuss with your attorney so they do not turn around and sue you..
I recently saw a fellow do this to Harbor Freight Tools and his site is still up with a gazillion of hits showing on the web site view counter..
Bet that will get Trackers attention when they start seeing thousands of hits on the site...
Just a thought here
frank n texas

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
go get em. You know, I have noticed that this sure is an early morning forum. Seems that most people on Bluewater board log on early in the day and not so much later in the afternoon.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Argo said:
go get em. You know, I have noticed that this sure is an early morning forum. Seems that most people on Bluewater board log on early in the day and not so much later in the afternoon.
Taking advantage of the early morning forum bite??? And I too will cross tracker Marine off of my list.

Junior

Semper Fi
:flag:

We train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write "f***" on their airplanes because? It's obscene!
â€" Colonel Walter E. Kurtz in the 1979 movie 'Apocalypse Now.'

·
Registered
153 Posts
Snapper meeting was about commercial issues. They are planning to have Individual Fishing Quota for a specific vessel and location. This meeting was about how they intend to enforce it. They are planning on putting equipment on the commercial vessels that will allow the nmfs to monitor where the vessels are located. They are doing this to prevent cheating. Seems like last year they popped several commercial fisherman trying to sell their catch only minutes in to the start of the season. links i found about this. http://www.gulfcouncil.org/prrel/pr2004-14.htm
http://www.gulfcouncil.org/downloads/IFQ%20Scoping%20Document.pdf

Sounds like an idea where the commercials may become more like farmers and less like hunters. Or it may be a prelude to more of those no fish zones.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts