2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recieved a frantic panic call from a close friend this eveing...when Robs was able to calm her down she said "Help me..I have a big snake on our Mantle...he knocked down a oil painting and is just laying there....

S is the wife of a close fishing & hunting buddie TJ, hes a dentist and is out of town. They are renting an older home while theirs is being remodled...
We had never been to the rental and she was to shook up to give directions...We ask her to meet us at a community landmark...but she wanted to keep an eye on the snake...
I had to soft negoiate with her for a few mins...

We met her and entered the house....the snake was gone from the mantle and her panic hit a high note...
Flashlights and canes...the hunt was on...Moving chairs..sofa..tables..Looked and looked..Nothing.

I had ask her what color it was and she said Marble stripes I don't know ...its just big and ugly.....S is not an outdoor lady.

We gave another look and told her she could come and stay the night with us and when TJ got home we would search the whole house....
While she was deciding what to do I noticed a Magazine rack accross the Room with a copy of Gulf Coast Con. and
a pretty lady on the cover...I decided to borrow (swipe) it from TJ..and tell him later...

As I lifted the magazine a 4 foot Rat Snake struck at me and hit the back of the mag with a loud thump...The chase was on..it took a while to catch him. He was SCARED and defensive...Got him and turned him loose a good distance away..

S is Ok..the snake is Ok...We are Ok....the oil painting ain't Ok...I'm late for supper

But worse of ALL..I forget to swipe tha Dang Magazine

·
The Republic of Texas
4,607 Posts
Dang Pops......glad he didn't get ya. Sounds like a very eventful evening....glad everyone is ok.

BTW, let TJ know I said "Hello"....it was a nice visit we had.

Mike

·
Duty Is Our's; Consequences are God's!
7,615 Posts
Bet that was the highlight of the evening......LOL. S couldn't have called on two better folks to help with that problem. Glad to here everyone made it unharmed, minus the painting.

You must spread some Reputation
around before giving it to chiefcharlie again.
Guess I have to give you and Greenie IOU.......:biggrin:​

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Who Was Scared :=))

As I lifted the magazine a 4 foot Rat Snake struck at me and hit the back of the mag with a loud thump...The chase was on..it took a while to catch him. He was SCARED and defensive...
Charlie,

Did you capture him before or after you changed pants? :D

·
Registered
901 Posts
" As I lifted the magazine a 4 foot Rat Snake struck at me and hit the back of the mag with a loud thump..."

I'm thinking that probally got the pucker string shortened right quick ....LOL

Very nice jester of you to go to the rescue.

Greenie for your efforts.

Dr. Krol

·
Member when we usta.......?
2,835 Posts
Chief the Snake Charmer.LOL Sounds like fun to me. Those rat snakes can get REAL mean when cornered.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Good for you Chief..

I'm glad that no one was hurt....just excited! And more important, you captured the snake and turned it loose elsewhere. So many people take the position that the only good snake is a dead snake. Not true, as you well know.

For the most part, snakes are entirely predictable, as well as the people who encounter them. Not everyone is The Crocodile Hunter or Jeff Kerwin.

Again, Good for You Chief, and good for the snake!

JLD

1 - 15 of 15 Posts