2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the thread about snakes got me thinking about buying some snake boots. Please give me some advice. Is the hight of the boot standard? Do you get what you pay for, or are the $70 boots good enough? I'm not worried about looking cool, just comfortable and protected.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Gee- last yr. I bought the cheap boots at g-mountain, junk, junk, cactus went right through them, I went to Carters Country and bought the Chip's, wore them down at Freer last weekend, feel great, don't buy the cheap ones!

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Love my Chippewas. Feet are too important to an outdoorsman. Go cheap somewhere else and buy good boots.

·
http://morrisontaxidermy.com/
316 Posts
Any body got a link to where I can look at some chippewas? Do they come in xtra wide? I wear a 10 1/2 EEE or EEEE when I can find them.

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
BigPig069 said:
Spend the money and buy some chippewaas, very comfortable and if you use them one time they paid for themselves.
Second that. If the calf of your leg is bigger, you may need to choose a chippewa that has a zipper in the back.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I know how Don got his Chips. He and Robert took up a collection from the 6 of us to go to town and buy corn and beer. Don came back with a 12 pack of Natural Light, 4 bags of corn and he was wearing a brand new pair of Chips. We would have taken them from him but no one else wears a ladies 7.5.

·
http://morrisontaxidermy.com/
316 Posts
Aaawwww man, that's ugly!!!
refugioco said:
I know how Don got his Chips. He and Robert took up a collection from the 6 of us to go to town and buy corn and beer. Don came back with a 12 pack of Natural Light, 4 bags of corn and he was wearing a brand new pair of Chips. We would have taken them from him but no one else wears a ladies 7.5.

·
Say "when"
7,266 Posts
Justin vs Chippewa

We had this thread a couple of years ago. I love my Justin Snake Boots. I wear them with pants tucked inside. I checked and they are $196.97 with free shipping at www.bootbay.com. They also carry the Chippewas...and you can see pictures of both. (Remember that snakes are not a problem in cold weather, so don't get insulated boots IMO)

·
Registered
862 Posts
I have had the Justin Snake Boots for about 3 years now. I love them. I wear them dove hunting down south with shorts instead of pants because it is so hot. They protect my legs from tall weeds and briars as well as snakes.

·
Hat Creek Cattle Company, Porch Office.
707 Posts
Danner sharptails.Ggore-tex lined, 17 inch upper and the most Com-for-da-bull (that's "comfortable for non-blonde/******* speaking people) **** boots around. I guide Nilgai and deer hunts in South Texas, From September to march I am wearing snake boots about 6 days out of the week. With Danner's, they are the FIRST boot I've owned that has lasted 3 1/2 seasons of this abuse and were still going strong. Justins and chippewas may look cool but NEITHER has lasted me a season yet, best I got was Sept. thru Jan. before they fell apart. So, if a pair of boots lasts me 3 1/2 years, what do you think they are going to last for someone just wearing a few times a year?

Oh and I'm not knocking what your saying but most view the Gore-tex as hot or insulated, it really doen't make them hot but
(Remember that snakes are not a problem in cold weather, so don't get insulated boots IMO)
It's South Texas, when is there EVER cold weather???:D:D:D

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Chippewas! for me too!!

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have had my chippewas for over three years now. Very comfortable. I have the 17", moc toe with the zip up back. Unfortunately, they don't make the zip up model anymore. Don't know why. Best boots I have ever owned. I second www.bootbay.com. I bought mine from their website. Beat every price I could find including Cabela's and Carter's when they were running sales. I have to admit the Danner sharptails with moc toe look quite comfortable. I did not see those when I was looking for mine. Seems to me you can't go wrong with either.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Chippewa's! Best most comfortable boot I have ever worn!

Snakeboots.com I ordered from them they drop shipped direct from chippewa and saved some $$$$$$$$$$ I prefer the all leather ones with the zipper in the back for ease of putting them on and taking them off!

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,848 Posts
I just ordered a pair of the Chippewa's with the back zipper from Sportsman's guide for $134.97 member price and I had a $10.00 coupon to boot. I feel safer already :biggrin:

·
Registered
857 Posts
Chippewa's are the only way to go, they are very comfortable, which will encourage you to wear them. Every single one of my hunting buddies wears them.

They also work, I saw a buddy of mine get hit right in the calf while we were looking for a downed dove in some south texas brush and the snake bounched right off, at which time my bud served the offender some no. 7 lead shot and then disposed of his soiled undershorts.

·
Hat Creek Cattle Company, Porch Office.
707 Posts
That last pic of yours sea aggie shows why I don't wear chips or justins anymore during cold wet weather..............

Guy farthest on the right has wet boots that will eat a guy's foot off.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts