2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waded the beachfront(FLAT) this morning and caught a few trout on tops. The inshore is sandy and the NNW wind is strong and gusty.

Does anyone have a theory why there seems to be a preponderance of small to barely legal trout in the surf this summer, with big fish either non-existent or few and far between?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
bigger fish

The bigger fish are in the bay in the deeper water working dropoffs for food. Don't know why, but structure seems to be the key.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Another theory is that we have had incoming tides most mornings which may be holding the bigger trout back in the bays foraging on food in deeper ambush points! Though, I have seen and heard of some big trout coming from the surf! Not many, but a few big ones! Personally, I think over the next week of two tides days, we will start to see some bigger trout in the surf! Just my .02 cents...

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Well its like this Kenny

Since Trinity Bay seems to be the dink capital of the world and all the fresh water flushed the fish out they have infested other parts of the bay!:rolleyes: j/k Ive been fishing the Bolivar surf and havent had near as many dinks as I did on the west end. Dont know why but thats been my M.O. for the last few weeks. Im not catching as many but most are at least of legal size with a few 20"+ sprinkled in. Ive never caught BIG trout in the surf so Im no help there.

Z

1 - 4 of 4 Posts