2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to west beach to check out my beach house in Terramar. Would like to go in thru Sufside. Is the toll bridge open and will they let me in thru Surfside. I will be in my truck so I quess I can make it to the bridge. Thanks

·
All my friends say.....
7,391 Posts
From PD reports, the blue water highway is kind of drivable. You can make it, but be careful. As far as the bridge being open, not sure. I know GPD is manning a check point on the east end of the bridge.

Not sure if after tomorrow, they will let you in or not.

·
Registered
175 Posts
slp road

be careful , while at Sea Isle today was told by a contractor that he came from that direction an 3 to 5 miles was just dirt, the road was gone, he had to use 4 wd, said the beach was the road at some places, like I said, DON'T know for sure but be careful

cm

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I drove to SLP today on the Blue Water Highway. WHAT A TRIP! Everywhere there was a beach access road there is now a cut through the BWH. Miles of the rod are gone.

If you drive down there, make sure you go at low tide. You will have drive down the beach and through new guts that can be too deep at a high tide.

·
Registered
149 Posts
POWER

I JUST HEARD FROM SOMEONE DOWN IN MY NEIGHBOR IN SEA ISLE, THAT WE NOW HAVE POWER. I KNOW AT MY HOUSE ON FT. BEND AND FOLKS HOUSE ON PANOLA. I'LL LET EVERYONE FROM SEA ISLE KNOW MORE WHEN I CAN

·
Registered
98 Posts
SLP bridge

don't think I would try that route up bluewater HW tomorrow, tides and traffic may have it impassable plus I would think BC may not give permission--my house is at SLP, its a tough passage----good luck to you.

·
Registered
112 Posts
that's too bad if the toll booth is still there.was hoping that waste of space was long gone.is there anywhere else that you have to pay $2.00 to enter into another county?that place has been a ripoff for years.

·
Raiser of BOB White Quail
19,049 Posts
Bridge

Your right what a rip Once bridge was paid for it was suppose to be free What they did was go up a buck

·
19,049 Posts
SLP Bridge

Your right what a rip Said once bridge was payed for it would be free What they did was went up a buck

·
19,049 Posts
Your right what a rip Told general public once bridge was paid for it would be free Right What they did was go up a buck

·
The Republic of Texas
4,595 Posts
Rubberback said:
Your right what a rip Told general public once bridge was paid for it would be free Right What they did was go up a buck
Well it appears the tolls won't be an issue for awhile anyway. I'm sure many people would pay the $2 just to be able to get to their places, but I get your point.

Mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts