2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I turned onto the beach near the pass, Galveston side at 6:00. I threw a black SS jr. for a while with no takers so I switched to the Chromanator SS jr. and it was on.

I caught quite a few and then things slowed down as the mullet started rafting so I switched to one of my Pop's old silver spoons with red dots and it was back on for an hour.

Things changed again as the tide started going out and I switched to a lt. grn/slvr/wht Catch 2000 and it was back on. They were coming up shaking before I could start a retrieve. I left at 9:00.

I don't know how many I caught total but I kept a limit.......The water was beautiful and should hold through the evening. The wind did come onshore around noon but so far it's light.

The fish
Artsy fish
The spoon

Attachments

·
These Cats Are Potlickers
1,261 Posts
Man you guys are killin me! And to think that i just got my topwater fix a few days ago. I can't believe it's wearin off this fast. I'm thinkin sick leave.

Biggie

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
troy merrill said:
Why the Pass as opposed to Jamaica Beach?
Troy,
The fishing here has been Ok but it looked spectacular in Surfside but I wasn't THAT highly motivated so the pass seemed about right. Tom and I are going back down that way this evening.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
8 mile

I hit 8 Mile Rd this morning.
Lost of waders saw a few fish caught.
I only caught 3 small trout and a small popano.
Birds were woking a mile on both sides. To far to walk.
It was deffinately "Ice Cream" today.
Sounds like you had a blast. I was hoping to also.
Se la vi!!!!

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
nice job, glad its happenin in the surf, just wish itll last through the weekend . can you buy those spoons ord you paint it ?

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
You're spoiled!
kenny said:
Troy,
The fishing here has been Ok but it looked spectacular in Surfside but I wasn't THAT highly motivated so the pass seemed about right. Tom and I are going back down that way this evening.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
seabo
nice job, glad its happenin in the surf, just wish itll last through the weekend . can you buy those spoons ord you paint it ?

Johnson Sprits used to come with some stickers/decals. I think you can still find some.

Sow Trout said:
You're spoiled!
That's the truth Ruth.......:D
....and baby's making meat loaf for dinner when I get back from wading this evening too.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
GetEmGot said:
Cool report....Wish I was retired...24 more years...lol
Hey, I'm not retired.......just underemployed!

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
catch 5 said:
So how did you do yesterday afternoon and this morning?
I fished under the birds last evening and was hooked up on every cast almost from 7:00-dark on 51MR pnk/slvr/pnk.

Went out this morning after the rain at 8:00 and caught only four trout (they were very solid) in the first gut on the Chromanator. Then another topwater bite about 10:00 for maybe thirty minutes.
It windy, choppy and sandy now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts