2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FISH ON!!!!!!
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hit the pass around 6:00 on saturday with a buddy of mine and caught some fish, just not the type that we had expected. bowed up w/ 2 ladies in the surf that were pretty decent. had a good time watching them jump and peel line. after that my buddy got spooled by something big that he couldn't stop, so we were thinking that it could have been a jack or a shark since he was using a spoon. then got into the spanish mac's pretty good with mirrolure's in txchickn. then some dumb $#@% drove right in front of us at about 20 yds and shut down the mac bite. my buddy tried to hit his boat with his spoon but just missed! on a side note, people need to look out for waders, in the surf or in the bays and not drive over fish that they are catching. if you do, watch out for flying steel (as in spoons and lures)! a buddy of mine then picked us up in his 22 ft. kenner and we then caught a total of 11 specs, 2 reds and 2 flatties around the choclate/san luis pass area. The rest of those fish were caught on various ttk plastics. the water in the surf was very nice and i hope that it holds till next weekend, but at the same time there better be more specs in it. hope everyone else did good and watch out for stupid boat drivers.

FISH ON!!!!!!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Good to hear about the mac's...

Sorry you had that bonehead scare away the bite. Chunk some 4oz spider weights at him next time.lol jj
Is there such a thing as Fishing ediqute? At least a few of us are good folks.

·
http://www.profishingresearch.co m
2,953 Posts
You can't miss him with all those darn croaker hooks hanging from the windshield either.

BigwaterLOL

·
Freelance Gynocolgist
727 Posts
I bet that it was bluewater! LOL you guys joke but read my report from a year ago with WBHB and Doug as witness.......

------------
Water Temperature: 82
Water Clarity: Green
Weather: Calm beachfront

Well the winds calmed down from this early afternoon so I hit it up in surfside to wade a bit. Water was green, bait was popping. As I entered the water I could see another 2 guys who looked very familiar, turned out to be Doug and David. I started with a char/white she dog and first cast on the 2nd bar BAM trout on, landed another 10 or 15 till I finally yelled over to WBHB and HD so they get on them too. We get together and hammer trout for another 20-25minutes sometimes having several blowups and hookups on each cast! Then IT happened. As both or actually I think all 3 of us are de-hooking trout, a 17' or so Mako arrives and becomes the POTLICKER OF THE DAY! He idles out probably salivating at the mouth at the sight of us wading on fish and gets within 30yds of us, so I yell out 3 times "HEY" and pointed the go out and around routine. Well he took offense to this in the worst way and went from Potlicker to Jerk to #$%hole. He gets mad and rants and raves then speeds up heading directly at me and of course on top of the fish were on, then does a doughnut around us.... then anchors up about 30yds from us and proceeds to chunk shrimp and croakers like the a-list potlicker would do. All in all before the dork I C&R about 20-25 trout from 16-20", no big ones

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
me too

man that aint nothin. i was out at car bodies 3 or so weeks back catching the **** out of specks, everycast instant hook-up. then these guys in a kenner get to driftin over the third bar right for me next thing i know his motor is less than ten feet from me he has no choice but to crank it up thank good ness the fish didnt leave. then he starts another drift this time a little further out but right for the place i was casting. i finally had to tell him to get the flock away he can move i cant. he just could 'nt stand it that i was slammin and he wasnt. but unbelievable, all that water and he just had to be in my spot. thank goodness he didnt jack w/ the fishin, but i was sweatin it out for awhile

1 - 9 of 9 Posts