2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got any word on the San Luis Pass area, along the channel on the Galveston isde?

In 2007 I really got into the Redfish & big flatties all along there. Can I make it across the $2.00 bridge from Surfside? Can I get to the bridge from Surfside???

·
Paddle solo, sleep tandem
3,601 Posts
The SLP area has dramatically changed. You cannot access the toll bridge from Freeport bc the road is for the most part impassable. Also, the LEOs are thick in Freeport along the BlueWater Hwy. Last Sat, they were stationed 3 miles toward Galveston from Freeport along the BWHwy and were not letting people by unless they owned property or were crew working on the hwy.

As far as I know, you also cannot access SLP from Galveston either with out proof of residence. The west end was battered, you would be better off going to one of the other plethora of beaches located further south. SLP and the surrounding areas are battered and the sand bars have changed to the point that i wouldnt even feel safe trying to reach them by boat. just my .02

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Thanks, Breaux.

Clear & well-worded description of the state of things. Almost feels surreal hearing about an area I know so well and love; almost like it's a moon-scape or something until I can reaquaint myself with it. Like losing a friend. Gonna have to hang with Bryan Beach/MOB or even Corpus. (Nothin' wrong with Corpus; I don't mind paying for the priviledge of fishing green/blue water.)

Thanks again.
LR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts