2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Member since [email protected]
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bite started at 2:30, start of the flood, and lasted 'til after 5pm. There were 3 trucks between the south point and the bridge and we had the place to ourselves.

Lost 3 in the suds using medium tackle, broke the line. Landed and quick released 4 bulls 35" to 40" after swapping my flounder stick for a medium heavy rig. One slot Red, 24", in the cooler.

The couple to my right toward the bridge landed several bulls. The young man south and seaward (the one with the embedded hook in the finger - ooooooooh I know that one hurt) had a nice slot fish that will probably taste real fine after a surgeon gets that hook out.

Best bait - fresh Menhaden taken in a cast net in knee deep water.

Be there tomorrow afternoon. If the pattern follows, the bite should be on around 3:30pm. Silver suburban with a Hatteras rod rack on the front. Later....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
JD
were you fishing in the Pass, or in the surf? I was there on Wed. first cast 38" Red, bait in the water about three min. then nada for the next four hrs. Still much better than working.

·
Member since [email protected]
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fished in the Pass FT just above the dogleg and sandbar. The bait was schooled up along the edge of the channel and the Reds were in there with 'em. Didn't need a long cast.......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts