2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed to the surf with the boys after work. Did not get in the water till 6:45, water was green with a little chop wind was about 10 mph.Put the first fish in the net at 7:10 p.m. Lots of bait .The boys where having a hard time with chop but having a good time.Lots of missed trout.We ended up with 5 keepers. Using live shrimp under a mauler.Went in at the water tower.It was good to get in the surf.Sorry no pics.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Same place we went in but we went the other way, away from SLP. Think we parked in a no parking area actually. Was it pretty crowded toward the pass? It looked like it was. And your "little chop" kept smacking me in the face!

·
Registered
306 Posts
I fished there yesterday afternoon as well in my kayak from 3:00pm - 6:00pm. Caught my limit (and more) of trout. I am about to post my full report, so check it out if you want.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey MsAddicted it was a little rough. It was a little easier on me, I am 6'2" and my boys are 12 and 10 yrs old.So it was a bit tougher on them.And before anyone says anything they both had their PFDs on. I love fishing the surf,hope my boys will get hooked on the surf.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Headed to surf this weekend I hope things stay good but doesn't look that way with this rain we are about to get. What is best off the surf live bait or plastics?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I always take both, shrimp under a poping cork and a hand full of plastics.Also like to throw a top water in the box.Good luck.We will be going to our place in Matagorda for the weekend.Hope the surf holds out.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Robalo,

Were you in a black ford truck with surf rods also? If so that was me on down from you between the yakers and you. I ended with 4 to 22 in on a gold spoon. lots of dinks

Sounds like half of 2coolfishing was in the surf by SLP yesterday. ha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts