2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some body tell me they caught a white bass Sunday on lake livingston! I took a good friend who doesn't get off work much from Nacogdoches, so it was late when we go there, 11:00, but hey I slung big hunks of gut dripping cut shad, live shad, and jigged untill 12:45 with only one bite to speak of. It was a big, 10lbs+, striper that broke off at the boat on a jet diver and crappie jig. Last few days I have onlt been able to catch a white bass bite from dawn to 9:30 and just before dark. Anybody else doing any good on Livingston?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Picked up 16 white bass on the north end before the rain chased me off the lake. ****

shadslinger said:
Some body tell me they caught a white bass Sunday on lake livingston!

·
Registered
14,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guyj, fishy, I went to day and caught a limit between jigging the hump, and trolling the island. There was a big school of mixed stripers and whites terrorizing the south side of the island with plenty of birds to show the way. But they would only take a trolled bait, I tried to jig them and nothing, the schools were moving around fast. A big pet spoon was what they wanted about 18" behind the diver (10'). I didn't try the catfish.

·
Registered
544 Posts
i dont know why but this year the only way ive caught fish was trolling now last year i killed em with slabs! good job with the limit shadslinger!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Spent several days on Livingston over the fourth of July. Most of the time was spent in the RV waiting for a break in the weather. When I could get out on the water for a few short windows of opportunity the fishing was excellent. I was trolling pet spoons over the same spot every day and it turned out to be a honeyhole. Day 1 washed out with rain, Day 2 caught 16 before getting chased off the water by rain, Day 3 Limited out by 10:30 (Actually caught 26, oops), Day 4 caught 21.

Trolled 2 Rods and only kept the biggest fish of the 2 catches from each pass. The last day it rained on me on the water but there was no lightning or wind so I just got wet. Everyday the whites were surfacing all around the boat about every 20 minutes. I also tried slabbing but was not having as much success as trolling so I kept with that gameplan.

The last day I hooked something big which broke my rod just above the handle after a 3 minute fight. Might have been a big cat but I'm pretty sure it was a striper the way he fought. Lost him after the rod broke so I never got to see what it was.

Here are some pics from yesterday's haul. Also included a pic of my grandaughters first ever fish caught from Memorial weekend. A small bluegill caught in a nearby creek, of course I taught her how to tell a fishermans lie when she describes how big it was, ha!

Guy

Attachments

·
Registered
14,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice report, it sounds like it was good trip and you caught some nice whites! I went out over the 4th when the weather let me. It was a little hit and miss, but early Monday was right!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts