2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called Lance yesterday, he couldn't talk cause he was so busy pulling trucks and BBQ pits outta the mud.......

A note to my cooking team, sponsors, and friends:

Folks, I'm glad we skipped this year, we would have been wet, muddy, and mizserable. I don't think we could'a got the big yeller pit nor the travel trailers in position. It was tough last year, but much wetter this year. We will plan on hitting um hard next year... So ya'll get ready, we have a year to prepare, Badhabit's Burners and 2Coolfishing will smoke um....

Attachments

·
El Viejo
23,417 Posts
Standin' by, Boss Man...can't wait for some more of that brisket and them ribs. Mmmmmmmmm...

One little question...how come, in that first pix, you are the only one with a 'cool one' in hand....????...You da 'Supervisor' or sumthin'?....:rotfl:

·
11,766 Posts
He's the only one with a cold one because he was sitting on the cooler and wouldn't move. J/K

Looking forward to next season Darrell. Maybe it will be dry during the Skeeter Fest.

·
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guess I wuz just thirsty......lol

·
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WillieP said:
Can I join your cooking team Darrell. Pretty please, double pretty please.
Willie, knowing you have vast experience manning a pit, and knowing you have a big heart from the way you donate the hitch covers for benefits on 2Cool, you seem like the perfect person to fill in for our "gone astray Pelican".. Bob will always be a team member, and when he is around the area will be most welcome on the pit. I do need a full time replacement tho, so if I have no objections from any other team members or sponsors, then consider yourself the first in line for the position.....

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
cool

Darell, I would love to attend next year. But only if I can be part of the pit crew. lol Last year I felt like a slug hiding in the a/c while yall worked yall's tails off. I want to get in there and get dirty with yall next year. No more wussy a/c excuses next year bro.

Z

·
The Republic of Texas
4,595 Posts
********* said:
Darell, I would love to attend next year. But only if I can be part of the pit crew. lol Last year I felt like a slug hiding in the a/c while yall worked yall's tails off. I want to get in there and get dirty with yall next year. No more wussy a/c excuses next year bro.

Z
I'll fill in where Z left off....as the wussy in the a/c. If ya'll need something I'll bring it!!! lol j/k:biggrin: Or I can be the beer babe!!!!!

Mike

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
darn cajun beat me 2 it... i got no shame on soaking up some A/C

·
Malt Beverage Diety
1,385 Posts
Ready anytime, anywhere Darrel. The beer will always be cold at the Yeller pit. Especially with 18 gallons of "Smokin' Helles" hellesbock...

Reactions: Too Tall

·
Pig & Frog killer extraordinaire!
1,864 Posts
It was an utter mess Friday. The spot y'all were in last year would have been OK, though. We didn't let anyone without 4WD drive in the grass/ mud, and I ferried almost all the truck's "stuff" to the team's sites with my ATV pulling a small trailer. I think I handled 4 cords of wood, I am sore today. :D

I think we saw a new party standard set. There was one team there that consumed 9 kegs and 29 cases of beer in 2 nights of partying!!!
:birthday2

They had drunks passed out all over the place in the mornings.

·
WHO DAT!!
3,242 Posts
Reminds me of my best time at a cookoff.

1994, Houston Farm and Ranch Club.

It rained most of the time, but we made the best of it and there was a lot of beer drank, and several mud football games played.

Tractors and a ton of 4X4 trucks were needed on Sunday, but we had a blast.

·
Don't Tease The Dog !!!!!!
315 Posts
We had a tractor and several beasts of 4 wheelers and had to use everything we could to get everyone in on Friday, noone had any trouble getting out yesterday. But man I don't want to have to pull that many in again next year.

·
Malt Beverage Diety
1,385 Posts
I think we saw a new party standard set. There was one team there that consumed 9 kegs and 29 cases of beer in 2 nights of partying!!!
:birthday2

They had drunks passed out all over the place in the mornings.
UGHHH. While we will most certainly consume, I will personally shut off anyone getting to the trashed stage. Partying and having a good time, fine. Drunk, disorderly and passed out, I don't think so...

·
Don't Tease The Dog !!!!!!
315 Posts
They were all actually very well behaved, we never had a complaint about them. They kept everything and everybody inside their camp, and were checking everyones ID at the bar, I was very impressed considering it was a very young college crowd. I watched TABC walk through their camp checking ID's and he never pulled anybody out (of their camp).

·
They call me............PAWPAW!
3,020 Posts
It was DEFINITELY one of the physically toughest events that we've had to deal with out there yet! I got to the park at 7am on Thursday and rolled back into house about 4:15 yesterday afternoon, and most of the rest of the committee was there from either Thursday evening or Friday mornin early.

We were all so beat down by the time Saturday night rolled around that there were only a few of us (committee members) still hangin much after midnight, and we weren't out partyin with the teams, we were all pretty much crashed in our campers!

All in all, we had a great turnout, with 40 teams showin up and competing and only 3 pre-registered teams not showing up.

We could have gotten the big yeller pit and camper in their D, ya shoulda seen some of the other rigs that we had to pull in through the slop!!!! Unfortunately noone thought to pull out a camera and snap any pics, cause they woulda been gooduns!

Hopefully everything will fall in where everyone can get together and come join us again next year!

·
They call me............PAWPAW!
3,020 Posts
Blue Smoke took OVERALL CHAMPION again this year! It appears that Mike is back on his game again! Although, Sandy (his wife for those that don't know em) cooked as her own team and dern sure made him stand up and take note! She took 1st place chicken (to his 3rd I think) and she won the Friday Night Feast also, while he came in 7th!

She was also in the top 10 on a couple of other categories, and if I remember right there were 4 teams in contention for the Overall title that were only seperated by a total of 5 points or so, meaning that Mike didn't have an easy stroll to the title!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts