2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The website says 3 tournaments this year in Texas, kind of miss chasing those stinky things around. It will be interesting to see the turnouts, maybe some new teams will get started and compete with the old ones.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Do we get to disqualify Dusek before the season?

Reactions: Chase This!

·
Registered
578 Posts
SKA

David, that's interesting... I myself see it being just the same as before. The small boats will come and go and the proven teams will be there. On top of that, whats in it for those that don't make first place, not much. If it goes we'll see how it works out.

Josh Roy

·
Registered
350 Posts
It was better having them than not having them. I just like the competition and meeting the other hardcore fishermen. I sure would like to get some cash on top of that so hopefully the turnout will be better with them not being here last year.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I look forward to it too... Maybe we need a side pot at each one for ling or AJ or whatever - to sweeten the return for 2nd place and beyond... Or just a $200 TWT, especially if 1 day tournaments (or captains choice - one of 2 possible days)...

T-BONE

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree Terry, there are a lot of people who would really enjoy these tournaments. Your not going to get rich, or even get your fuel money back most of the time, but it is still fun being out on the water competing.

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
I'm done with the go-fast tourneys that waste so much gas, and so little fishing time. The older three-day tourneys, where you spent the night offshore, were infinitely better.

·
break out the 80's and them fancy lures
6,836 Posts
What I have heard is Galveston, Freeport, and Matagorda!
David, if you want to drop the Sea Vee in the mix, give me a shout. Never done an SKA or TKA event, so why not. Sounds like good fun and good competition. :cheers:

Brandon

1 - 20 of 133 Posts