2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Mike
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else got it? I started getting it on Sunday. It's full blown now. I've been laid up in bed all day today when I should have been in the deer stand. Between the infection and Rx cough syrup all I can do is sleep. This is some miserable carp.

·
Jedi Knight and Friend to Captain Solo
17,039 Posts
I had it all last week, and it knocked me down hard. I don't know about that catchin' through the computer stuff, though. About the same time I started to feel really bad, my master computer at work's had drive took a dump. It was the week from Hell and I'm still playin' catch up.

·
Registered
154 Posts
same here

Went to dr. today and I have the same thing. Been trying to kick it with over the counter stuff but was not working had to go get an antibiotic. Mucinex D has worked well also. Hope to feel better so I can go back to work tomorrow night. Hang in there and get hope you get well soon.

·
Done Wit Dat
7,526 Posts
If'n you want to clean out those sinuses, get a Neti-Pot and follow the directions. You will be amazed at what comes out of there. I had the same thing 2 years ago. Neti-Pot did wonders.

·
Banned
2,534 Posts
I agree on the Neti-Pot every other day and

2 to 6 10mg Loratadine every morning will keep the infection from getting established. I do the Loratadine every day whether I need them or not.:spineyes: Loratadine is generic Claradin (sp?).

·
Saltmadness
13,573 Posts
Wife and the grandbaby had it..Well just about everyone a week ago. I been dodging everyone and eating chili/beans and drinking plenty of juices. Trying to keep the system clean and un-wanted sickees' from coming over to visit. Sister stopped by and only stayed for minute. And she is really super long winded! For some reason she left in hurry.lmao

·
What's a Corky?
3,107 Posts
I am just now finally kicking it. Tried to call in sick last Tuesday and ended up having to go in anyway, worked all day. Toughed it out for the rest of a busy week but it was rough for sure. Felt better Sat. night and went to some friends engagement party that went wayyyyy tooo late and wayyyy tooo rowdy, you guessed it, relapse. Didn't get to fish Monday afternoon on my day off, then to top it off. Turns out I'm allergic to the antibiotics they gave me and I broke out in hives yesterday morning! Have that somewhat under control tonight after a shot and some pills, new antibiotics now. So to say the least, I'm with ya bro!

·
On the outside looking in
276 Posts
I hope everyone gets to feeling better soon. Sorry it is hitting you so hard.

I've been able to dodge it so far. But from the sound of it I should head to the Dr. at first sign of symptoms and get antibiotics.

Got my fingers crossed that all of you recover fast and get back out on the water or out in the woods ASAP.

·
Registered
388 Posts
me too

I started feeling bad around Sunday as well. Horrendous cough, phlem in my chest, runny nose, and congested sinuses (especially when trying to sleep). It's crazy how your nose can be running, and then it instantly becomes congested. Thank goodness no fever. I thought it was due more in part to me having been smoking like a freight train. Anyways, I hope everyone feels better.

·
Paddle solo, sleep tandem
3,601 Posts
I had one 3 wks ago stemming from H1N1. Worst upper respiratory infection I've ever had. Coughing up blood and tissue from my lungs, blood running from my nose, sinus headaches worse then the migraines.

Luckily it only lasted for a week. H1N1 was extremely tolling and debilitating...I lost 13lbs.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts