2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank goodness we didn't get too far from the boat ramp.
The day started out raining a bit and then it finally cleared up long enough to launch the boat. But really I spent most of the day getting ready. First I cleaned out my truck like tools and cb and such so no crack heads can have em. I hear there are a lot of breakins going on thanks to 2cool info. I have a brand new tackle box new rods new paint job on the boat. I even bought a brand new bilge pump just in case the old one crapped out.
Oh did I mention brand new life jackets?
Meanwhile most of the day I recharged my 2 batteries for the boat. One for the motor one for the trolling motor.
The sun seemed to stay and I got really anxious. So I took the fuel tanks and filled them up at stop n rob and got back to the house to hook up.
The motor cranked right on up after sitting for months and months. Usually we start it at the house to get her warm but I took my chances. So I thought to myself G she is running too smooth. I wanted to stay at the boat ramp just a few more minutes as this little toyota tundra was spinning his tires to get his family boat out of the water. I thought he was going to loose it. He made it though. Anyway we finally backed up into the canal everything cool and started to proceed about a mile from the boat ramp in the diversionary. West Bay. Chris my husband told me hey we're taking on water! I asked how much he said a lot! Oh Sh*$ I thought. So I got back to the stern and started to pump the water out. I pushed the plug in as far as it would go and still the water kept coming from somewhere. It started to come in faster and faster. I told Chris to hurry up to the dock before we started sinking. It wasn't until after we got the boat out of the water we found the problem. It was a cracked hose for the live well. I would've never caught it at the house as much time I've been spending on my boat.
Well we are save now and watching the weather stirring up again. Maybe God was watching over us telling us to get out of the water before this huge thunderstorm hits us. I want to believe that.

Attachments

·
The Republic of Texas
4,595 Posts
Glad ya'll made it back safely.

Mike

·
Concrete Contractor
12,404 Posts
I have a great wife, but it would be nice for her to get the boat ready like that. Congrats on making it safe.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
good thing you made it , for every body else as soon as you see water ,you need to shut off all sea cocks and in my case i have five possible ways to have water come in . practice to shut them off without looking since it may be dark when you need to do this .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts