2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to make up some new leaders for yaking shark baits. I have been using single strand wire with success for years on the lower portion of the leader. Years ago I used seven strand and stopped because I thought all that metal may spook the sharks and because of the price difference. I will admit that I have greater confidence in a seven strand leader that has back braided eyes. They do not kink and break like single strand or coil up with "memory" after a fight. I suspect that seven strand has greater bite and abrasion resistance also. Then again it will really hack you off to spend the bucks on a roll of seven strand and have it start rusting before you get to use it up.
:confused: So what is the consensus amoung you beach-front sharkers?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I use 1/16 480# stainless cable, it costs me $12.50/100 ft with tax and I have to buy at least 500 foot at a time. So far, it hasn't been a problem to find someone to take the excess.
If yall need some, let me know and a order can be gotten together.

·
One Hell Of A Spoonie Killa
532 Posts
hey well if you are going to buy some cable soon, Include me in for 100ft. As long as its stainless steel.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
All It takes is for someone else to speak up for the other 300 ft and all of you to send me the money. I'm in Pasadena and I don't ship. I used to just go ahead and buy the cable and collect when it was delivered, money has gotten tighter so I don't do that anymore.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gun Doctor, Thanks for putting together an order. I am in BAytown and would like to get some cash to you. You can call me at 281 830 4109 or post here. Thanks, Gary

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
ggardner said:
Gun Doctor, Thanks for putting together an order. I am in BAytown and would like to get some cash to you. You can call me at 281 830 4109 or post here. Thanks, Gary
Tried the number and got some guy named Chucks voice mail. Sent you my home phone # in a PM so call me.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
bigdawg said:
hey gundoctor, i need 200 yds let me know how to get the money to you.
Is that 200 yards or 200 feet.
200 yards would be 600 feet @ $12.50/100 feet for a total of $75.
200 feet would be $25.

You can send it to my Pay Pal account, just add the 3% (I think that is what they charge) that they charge me to receive money. Email for my Pay Pal is [email protected]
I'll also PM you my home phone # and address, so you can call if you want to hook up some where or send a check by snail mail.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts