2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Member when we usta.......?
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new G-mobile. Picked it up last week after totalling my Dodge. '08 F-250 PSD. Sorry to Argo, Blue Water Ho, and the other Goat fans. My lil' sis works for Ford Motor Credit and got me in on the 'A' plan. Less than dealer cost if I understand correctly.

A pic of the Dodge for those who missed the thread.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Glad ya got a new whip, but man thoese pics of the CTD are sad.

Reactions: MrG

·
Member when we usta.......?
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blue Water Ho said:
Glad ya got a new whip, but man thoese pics of the CTD are sad.
I can honestly say that was the best truck I ever owned. Sad to see her go. We'll see about this one. So far, so good.

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
man that ford is perdy.

perdy ugly. :) j/k

it is always nice to get a new truck.....I miss driving my dodge. It sits around alot since I have to drive the escalade to work. My truck is about 10 times more powerful than the escalade.......I love diesel power.....

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
He cant fit in the parking garage now with the new "meats" on the rig.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Charles Helm said:
Sounds like a self-inflicted injury to me.:slimer:
Ha! Yea Im thinking about going down in tire size, but I dont want to loose 2". Parking garages are hell on me. :D

Reactions: Charles Helm

·
Registered
918 Posts
Man when you wrecked I was going to joke with you about how at least you can get a Ford now, looks like we think alike good job and nice truck.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Congrats on the beautiful truck. I guess everyone just got the itch at the same time. Must be all the rain. I just got one too last Saturday in black. I still can't believe I've got two Fords now in the driveway and I'm a Chevy man. go figure.

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
dude, that is horrible.....My truck gets 2mpg better than that while towing 7000 lbs...... did you say it was a gas engine or something? if it is diesel there is something wrong, go check the tailpipe and make sure you dont have flames coming out of it.....

Profish00 said:
It's 11mpg if you keep your foot out of it.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Argo said:
dude, that is horrible.....My truck gets 2mpg better than that while towing 7000 lbs...... did you say it was a gas engine or something? if it is diesel there is something wrong, go check the tailpipe and make sure you dont have flames coming out of it.....
I didn't believe it either so I went and looked at the dieselstop.com, apparently this is happening to a lot of people. 11-12 seems to be quite common. All of the Ford guys with the new 6.4 are saying that if that is there only problem from a ford deezel then they can live with it.

A search of my posts would turn up several posts I made about waiting for Ford to get the bugs worked out of the first run engines, but the message board is pretty dang quiet on the 6.4 forum, Ford might have gotten it right this time and maybe they can put the 6.0 debacle behind them. I sure hope they got it right, I truly feel this engine was going to make or break Ford in the "big" truck dept.

Anyways, sorry for the hi-jack Mr.G, that is an awesome truck and will bring you years of happiness.

·
Gone Fishing
12,003 Posts
Argo said:
I have a 2000 7.3 and getting 16-20, the new 6.4 not gonnan happen unless you chip it.

The flame thrower is what sealed the deal for me. That is one cool option.

That comment is so old, they will ban you for saying it in the diesel forum:tongue:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts