2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why can i only have a 15 character signature and everyone else has long ones? :confused:

·
Member..Whats wrong with my member
5,533 Posts
I've had a long one for a while now. :slimer:

Kelly

·
Banned
12,705 Posts
send me some free fishing gear and I'll see what I can do...

·
Infidel
3,523 Posts
Captain Kyle said:
Why can i only have a 15 character signature and everyone else has long ones? :confused:
It costs money. You can upgrade your membership package by paying $4 per character. It's all laid out in the advertising section.

·
Registered Somewhere
5,635 Posts
Captain Kyle said:
how do i earn it
They be pulling your leg. 15 is the limit unless yours is grandfatherd. I had a long sig line once which I changed on a regular basis. Went to change it once and like magic, I lost the one I had and was limited to 15 like most. So I don't bother now.

The reason for limiting the sig line is very valid. You should have seen some the signature. Looked like ad central with links. If you must use a sig, just type or copy and paste one on each message you type. Or figure a way around it.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Texas T said:
They got granfathered, if they change then they will be limited also
Yeah, I wanted to change the misspelling in mine.

There's more valley in forgiveness than permission...but less value.

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
I shortened the limit over the years because we had posts that were shorter than sig lines. If you go to any of the RV forums around, you can see how really out of hand it can get with them listing everything they own, down to their dogs. Sigs were never meant for advertising, were not meant for promoting some "ideal", they were meant to be a convenience. I have honestly considered doing away with them several times because of the clutter they create.

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
only place I have seen sigs useful is on tech support sites, where the members listed their computer info

·
Urban Chicken Farmer & Shark
2,323 Posts
Captain Kyle said:
everyone else has long ones

but don't be jealous! be happy with what you have

·
non-politically correct
7,305 Posts
"If you start feeling any shortness of breath, rub your belly and I will give you one of Doctor Dale's .38 caliber pain pills." -Dale Gribble

It's about this time I started laughing..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts