2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to mount the transducer for a side imaging unit on a shallow water tunnel boat like a modified V shallow sport? I would use the boat for bay fishing and nearshore on nice days. From what I am reading in the manual there must not be any obstructions on either side of the transducer. These types of boats have a notch in the transom where the motor in mounted. The motor is actually recessed into the back of the boat. The motor might obstruct one of the sides of the transducer, if I am reading the manual right. Maybe you could mount it all the way on the corner of the transom? With the angle maybe it would clear. Has anyone done this? Any suggestions? I have not bought a unit yet but I may soon. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I put a unit my Triton. It's a different set up than yours, but I'm pretty sure you will have trouble on the side towards the motor. My set up is clear, the motor is behind the transducer mounting. But, interference from the motor or motor turbulence causes the unit to lose detail on that side of the plot. What your planning is most likely your best bet, but your going to see much better performance to the side away from the motor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts